Worrying about everything!

katiejane

Reaction score
Hello,

I feel like I'm going a bit mad and not sure if it's normal to be worry this much. I've had four early miscarriages and up until now had never made it past 8 weeks. I had a scan at 7 weeks and we saw a tiny blob in the right place with a heartbeat. I bought an angelsounds Doppler last week and can hear the heartbeat but I'm still worried.

I haven't been sick for 2 days, so that's worrying me because since early on i've been very sick. I have my dating scan in the morning and I'm petrified somethings going to be wrong or the baby won't be there even though I've found the heartbeat myself tonight. I just can't stop worrying and my oh and parents don't seem to understand. Is it normal to worry so much?

Completely normal, but the fact that you have made it past 8 weeks this time is a fantastic sign - a heartbeat at 10 weeks decreases your chances of miscarriage to 0.6%, so the fact that you have heard it yourself later than that should make that possibilty even less likely. It's also normal for symptoms to come and go.

I hope your scan goes really well :hug:

Good luck with the scan. I'm sure you'll feel better once you've seen it for yourself. xxx

Good luck with your scan today, I'm sure all is well x

Morning sickness can ease around 11-12 weeks so try not to worry :)

Thanks everyone, the scan was ok. We saw the heartbeat, but they say its a bit small for 11 weeks and put it at 10 weeks. They want me to go back for another scan in 2 weeks but said i shouldn't worry. But I probably will!

Fantastic news hun! Glad your little one is doing well. Easy for everyone to say "don't worry" when actually it is totally natural, just keep reminding yourself of how good it was to see the little ones heart beating on the screen, and smile, it really helps :)
x

Gad the scan was fine. A week isnt much at all at this point so they are right to say not to worry. Babies dont grow at the exact same rate once they are born so they wont before either I'd imagine!

:)

Great news baby was ok & try not to worry :)

Fantastic news!! i would say dont worry now but i know thats impossible as i've had 2 missed miscarriages so ill be a worrier with u lol!! just put ur feet up and put a smile on ur face as uve made it passed 8 weeks :D xxx

I'm still worried to be honest, today i'm having another major wobble. My OH thinks i'm reading online too much, but i'm concerned they want to do a 3rd scan next thursday and am scared somethings wrong. From my dates I'm 12 weeks today, but the hospital put me 6 days back so i'm 11+1 on there measurements, i'm not sure whether i should change my avater?

No, dont do anything to your avatar until you know for sure hun! I think thats a bit of a long time for you to wait for a scan when they have worried you! I have learned to put my foot down and demand things now and at 18 years old when they think you're just another silly teenager is quite a hard thing to do.
Nothing is more important that than baby inside of you, you are allowed to ring your midwife and she would be more than happy to have you in ASAP to have a listen to your babies heart beat hun. I think that could be an option for you.. you can't go on like this for the next week.
xxxx

To be put back a week isnt much hun :) You might just have a petite baby.

Leave your ticker till they give you a confirmed date at your next scan x

Hello ladies, just thought i'd put on an update. I went for my follow up scan this morning and feel so relieved. Baby's fine, appears very active on the scan moving its arms and legs around loads. We were told its growing fine and everything looks normal and healthy, heartbeats good, so once again i've been worrying about nothing. They confirmed i'm 12+1, so i've updated my ticker and finally added a picture. Thanks for everyones reassurance x

Well done - glad its all ok - now you can start enjoying things xx

horray! So glad everything's alright hun. xxx

Glad all is well. I was put back 11 days at my 12 week scan and I had him on the date they gave me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back