worried

saze

Reaction score
is anyone els worried about their baby not moving right now? i dont know whether its just me thinking too much. i had movement this morning including 5 big kicks then some an hour ago but it only seems to be moving when i poke at it first :(. Ive been laid on bed for 15-20mins pocking at it and it hasnt moved this time :(. Is it me? or should i be worried that it hasnt moved when i tried moving it? x

Last edited:
At 18 weeks, you don't have to worry about frequency of baby movements or patterns of baby movements. At this point, your baby is still small that He/she could be moving and you wouldn't be able to feel it. As long as you feel something you have nothing to worry about, I was the same as you but now that I'm 20 weeks I feel it a lot more.

I had days when I felt nothing at all really apart from the odd movement, the bigger they get the more you feel :)

I used to worry about movements all the time, but then baby used to wake up and start kicking me at about 2am.

I also didn't really feel kicks til I was about 22wks!!

You have had some good movements today so try not to worry too much. I think that babies sleep in the womb for like 18+ hours a day anyways xxxx

You shouldn't be worried at all. I have odd days of not being able to feel anything to days where I feel constant kicks. Generally women tend to feel first kicks from 18-22 weeks, considering our stage I'd consider ourselves lucky we're feeling our little ones. Just enjoy them! :) xxx

okay thank you everyone i need to stop being selfish and stay positive!xxx

Your not being selfish, just concerned - I get days like this too. This is my first baby so I don't know what to expect, it's only normal. x x x

okay thank you everyone i need to stop being selfish and stay positive!xxx

:hugs:you're so not being selfish at all you just wanna know your baby is there and ok, it's natural xxxxx

thankyou :) i feel so much better, ive felt pressure and little kicks since i wrote this. Why do they play hard to get! lolxxx

because they are little buggers that is why!!! mine did it to me around week 21 and it was the worst feeling ever, but he must have just changed position cos a few days later it all started up again!!! I'd even rang the midwife but she wasnt to concerned she said its only after about 24 weeks they monitor movement, but even now I only feel him on a morning or an evening, rest of the time there is nothing, but if I deliberately make him move by poking, drinking cold water or having a bath then he throws a right paddy and boy do I feel it!!! lol

When I had a scan last week the baby did a full 360 and was squirming about on the screen and I didn't feel a thing and that was at 22 weeks hun, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I went last week for 2 nearly 3 days without feeling anything xxxx

okay Princess princess thanks chick that has made me feel better :)xxx

I worried about something til the day I had him lol, am a natural worrier anyway and I just so wanted my baby to get here... and he did and I love him so much :love:

You'll have your LO in your arms soon enough, enjoy sleep while you can lol xxxxxx

awwwww :) thanks chick, oscar is gorgeous xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back