Worried...

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
OK, this may seem silly. In fact I know it does but I am a serial worrier, I just can't help it. So, I am 6 DPO and due to test on 6 December. But - and this is the ridiculous bit - I'm worried that it is going to be BFP.

I wanted to change my job because it makes me so unhappy, I can't stand my boss, my team are bitchy and there's always gossiping & whispering etc plus I suffer from really bad anxiety and sometimes panic attacks so this job really had me on the edge. When hubby & I decided TTC in October, I had thought to myself "give it until March and if nothing, see GP, change jobs etc" but last Sunday I was in such a state that I thought "I can't put a time limit on TTC because I hate my job, I don't want to bring a child into the world as a means to an end" so hubby & I had a long chat and then on Monday I went in to work and said I wanted a transfer. Phew!

I then came home, POAS and would you believe it, I get a positive OPK! We had BD'd right up to that point so I thought, hurrah we are in with a chance!

Now, things are moving quite quickly with my transfer application & I'm thinking, what if I AM pregnant now? What if I've jumped ship from my sh1t job and I'm now potentially preggo and I go to this new job knocked up? I could be 4 weeks pregnant when I move to this job in the new year and even if I hid the fact I was PG until 16 weeks I would have only been in my new job 3 months...

Now, I know they can't discriminate against me, but is it going to look like I knew I was pregnant when I moved & kept it from them? Again, I know I don't have to tell them, but am I going to have to play it like "Oh, I don't know how I got pregnant!"

ARGH - I know this is silly but it's playing on my mind. I want a baby so badly & so does OH, I would be delighted if we get BFP but I'm just anxious I may get slagged off in the new job because it looks like I don't give a monkeys about the job...

Sorry for very long essay-type rant... any words of wisdom? x

wow hunni i understand this totally but my personal opinion " SOD EM!" haha! like you say they cant do anything towards you etc... an usually people dont find out till they around the 2mth mark! so dont worry yourself carry on going with the flow if it happens an u get ur bfp! just tell them let them have their own opinions as long as your happy an get what you've wanted no1 in that job can say or do any different :) xxx

im with mummy24 on this one
many women get pregnant when moving jobs or getting a new job ect its part of life and if it happens then ur going to be secretly thrilled but just tel them like ou said blimey god knows how that happened nothing to do with me peein on poks or anything ;)
am sure you will be fine and thy cant do nothing bout it you just enjoy trying and enjoy being pregnant, when u r tht is, hopefully this is your cycle :p

Thinking about it, has anyone had any grief off a boss/employer when they've been pregnant before? I advise on a HR helpdesk and hear all the time how much of a chore it is for Manager's to deal with PG employees x

you'll be happier in ur new job as all the bitchiness in ur current job isnt good for you....

ps. remember ppl only bitch about u when theyre jealous and its usually women so dont let it get to you...all that matters is ur happy with ur other half...best of luck with everything :petal:

Last edited:
Hey Jenny,

I'm a worrier too so I know saying don't worry is easier said than done, but honestly hun, think it will be fine. If you are preggo, wait until your 12 weeks and say that it was an unexpected surprise and maybe not the best timing, but you're delighted. You don't need to explain any more. And after a few months in a job it feels like you've been there forever. They'll get to know you, love you and be excited for you. It will all be cool chica.

xx

Thanks Sweety & Laura :)
Your posts made me feel so much better. It's silly to worry really as I am so excited to get pregnant!
It's funny because I really feel at home in this forum. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes I feel like I'm on the outside with other things in my life, but I feel like I belong here :)
PF is my secret love x

Jenny, don't worry about it hun.

I worked with someone who found out she was pregnant 4 days after transfering into our team, they were fine about it, so long as your length of service is unaffected by the transfer, can't see any problem.

Fx for a BFP soon

Hi

Well you applied for your transfer before you even OV'd so nobody can say anything!! Try not to worry and look at your transfer as a step in a new direction in your life. You're moving to give you a better quality of life and although it can be daunting going to a new job, you're still with same company so it makes no difference in their eyes at all. They would lose you to materity leave whatever department you work for!! Just think that the new job will have new colleagues who may not be bitchy and horrible to you. aaaarrggghhh why can I not express what I'm trying to say to you??? LOL
You are lovely on the forum and if your new colleagues cant see that there is something wrong with them!! If you do get your BFP, enjoy it and wait out to say 16 weeks before telling them - I BET you by then you are seeing everything in a different light. If you're not happy, then f**k em, you will be in a place where you want to be so just tell them to shove it!!

I agree with all the girl on this one!
And Congratulations on the transfer and Good Luck in your new job hun!!
They usually say luck comes in threes so I think its gunna be your BFP pretty soon!!!
xxxxx

Aww thanks girls for all your lovely words :)
Should hear more on the transfer next week x

Hi Jenny

Just catching up. Glad you're feeling better hun.

xxxxxxx

Thank you sweet - how you doing? x

Not bad thanks Jen :) Trying not to think about ttc as much, if that's poss! Starting to become paranoid and worried constantly!

Hope you're cool :hugs:Fx for your BFP! :)x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back