What have you put 'on hold'?

KayKav

Reaction score
I feel like I can't plan anything!

No holidays, no job change, nothing! (I would change my job if I could, but the benfits will be so fab, as i've been there 7 years now).
I'm going to a concert in June - but it took me ages to agree to go - just in case!

Is it right to put plans on hold, when we're not even pregnant?

The In-Laws have asked us to go away with them later in the year, but I've had to say no, and come up with an excuse! Am I going mad? :rotfl:

Hi there!
I wouldnt put anything on hold. i want to go to Glastonbury festival this year but Im still going to try for tickets whatever happens.

I havent been going to the gym as much though because of ttc, I got af 4 days early after a session at the gym and Im convinced it brought it on so Im a bit paranoid about that but not life plans.

I know the feeling! I've been asked to a hen weekend in June - I've said provisionally yes, subject to family commitments. But not knowing what it involves, or whether I'll be pg, makes it difficult to accept for sure. If I'm 4months pg by then, I sure as hell don't want to roll down a hillside in a big plastic ball (zorbing is one of the proposed activities) or go white-water rafting (another of the ideas). If I'm not pg, I'd be up for both...

And yes, our holiday plans are on hold too. Though we're thinking of driving to the south of France - that way we could still make plans.

The in-laws asked us to go away with them too. I also had to make up an excuse, but that had nothing to do with whether or not I'll be pg :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :shakehead:

When I got pregnant I was in the middle of being headhunted to a position that would have been great for me. I stopped the process. I lost the baby a few weeks later but decided not to contact the headhunters again because I was convinced it wouldn't be long before I was pregnant again. In the end it is a good thing given the current uncertainty in the capital markets and the fact that my job is linked to how the stock exchange is doing, I'd be very fearful of the first in first out thing. So I don't regret it really.

Other than that I have put nothing on hold. We've booked our usual pre-summer two weeks in the wild highlands of Scotland for June, I just won't go on the mad rib inflatable boat rides dolphin watching if I am. We haven't booked tickets to the Grand Prix at Silverstone this year but that is more boredom after having been for so many years, even if I got pregnant now I'd be able to waddle around enough to see the race by July if we really wanted to go.

My husband said exactly the same he cant plan anything, he wants new motor bike but said if get preggers wont be able to afford payments. I cant change jobs as need maternity pay. Cant buy new car either boo hoo I want a baby so we can start our lives again rather than being on hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty much everything!!

I would love to change jobs but the maternity benefit is so good where I am that I'd be stupid to leave!

I didn't plan any holidays but then I looked into flying while pregnant and it's only in the later stages that it's dangerous to fly or on long haul in the very early stages so I booked a hol in Cyprus for June. It's only a short haul flight and the most I could possible be is 5 months gone so either way I'll be fine

Ooh I kinda mentioned this in chart stalkers! well ranted, lol.

I had been feeling like my life was on hold waiting for my BFP. I couldnt book a holiday, apply for a different job (incase I got pregnant and didnt get maternity pay in time etc) even so much as not agreeing to go out with friends until the very last minute incase Ive just got my BFP and dont want to risk it.

Since I ranted about this earlier though I have applied for a new job and I am currently looking at holidays in the UK. I dont think Id want to go abroad if I was pregnant, especially not flying as I had a m/c shortly after I flew back from Amsterdam. It probably had nothing to do with it but I wouldnt risk it just incase.

I just cannot put my life on hold anymore. I feel like the last 9 months Ive been in limbo. Nothing has happened, Ive just been waiting. I have to have something else to look forward to and to think about otherwise I will lose the plot.

Im also going out with my mates next Saturday no matter what my tests results are! Yay! :cheer:

interesting one isn't it?!

I have been thinking of looking for a new job but I'm probably not doing that anymore because of not wanting to start something new and ending up pregnant straight away.

we're also thinking about holidays and i keep thinking that we need to be somewhere near good medical facilities incase there are any complications.

We've got a family wedding in the summer and I keep thinking that I might lose a bit of weight and buy a nice dress, but then I think hmmm it might have to be a maternity dress :D

All these thoughts, but one important thing missing! Difficult when you don't know when its going to be! :roll:

don't put anything on hold - I did this last summer - and had no holiday abroad as I kept putting it off thinking ...wellllll...I wasn't pregnant by then and had no holiday as well. This year I'm booking it - I might be - but if I am - then a week lying about will be great :wink:

I also changed jobs - had I managed to keep the LO from August I would have been changing jobs 6 weeks pregnant :wink: the benefits aren't much different and I'm happier :D

the only thing I did do was to give up my exercise routine - I did high impact and thought I'd stop....the result - about 2 stones heavier I swear

oh and the treatment for my shoulders - I could have had the 3 months of tablets to ease it now - instead it's still v painful (insultingly enough when AF is here its gets 10x worse) - but I couldn't know that - and couldn't ttc whilst on them.

I'm sure if I book a months trekking in the himalayas I'd get a BFP straight away, but if I book a week in Cornwall, it won't come!! :lol: :lol:

I've put nothing on hold. I did when I 1st started TTC I missed out on alot. I'm glad I stopped now, 14 months on I think of all the things I'd have missed / not enjoyed as much. The time I actually fell p/g is when I booked a hol so wasn't really thinking bout TTC. I drank ate seafood and soft cheese. Then realised I was 3 weeks pg when I got back. It didn't stick but it showed me life is for living. I'll adapt my life when I have my kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back