worried :S

winnie89

Reaction score
Hey girls, if any one saw my thread yesterday about going to doctors and basically he put me on a low dosage of co-codamol (500mg) and ever since I started taking them LO hasn't kicked me, he kicked a few times last night but all today I've had nothing, I felt him move once or twice and that's it!!

Normally about 6ish he starts kicking frequently and they're quite strong! But only 2-3 last night, could the co-codamol be affecting him I only took 1 tablet yestderday and haven't taken any today, I don't want to worry myself but it's starting to get that way!

Could be making LO sleepy, if you're worried call your midwife xx

be aware your also almost at the 24/25 week growth spurt and its common for our little ones to go quiet while they grow at this stage.

Tried the usual cold sugary drink? Laying on your left? Etc?xx

yep i've done all of the above i've drank tons of ice cold drinks lay on my side, gently wiggle my stomach and he's kicked once mite get my doppler out in a bit and check see if he is ok!

be aware your also almost at the 24/25 week growth spurt and its common for our little ones to go quiet while they grow at this stage.

I was going to mention this too! :) it happened to me and I even wrote on here saying I was worried because he was quieter, but he soon made his presence felt the next day!

Last edited:
I said yesterday I take co-codomals and AJ is just as active as ever I think yours is probably just being quiet and having a growth spurt. Just happens to be a coinsidence. xxxxx

I'm sure he is fine. I was very wary about taking these tablets and the doctor reassured me and said they have the same effect on baby as they do on you and can make them sleepy. Which would tie in with him being less active. He told me they wouldn't harm LO at all though.

I am on 30mg co codamol for SPD and when I first take it baby goes to sleep! It makes them a bit drowsy. :love: also as the others say at ur stage they have a massive growth spurt and go a bit quiet

Thanks girls it just really worried me because he's always so active but I know they have a big growth spurt he was kicking quite a bit late last night but I know he's going to be fine he's certainly been wiggling about this morning and making himself known!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back