worried can any1 help. high leves of AFP in my blood.

lou and colin 09

Reaction score
Last week i went to get blood taken got the results through th post yesterday saying ive to go for a scan as there is a change this means the baby could have spina bifida. Has anyone else ad the same results and what were the outcomes? Thanks xx

I'm sorry, I haven't but wanted to wish you love and luck :hug: .

When is your scan?

Are you considered high risk (does it run in your family? do you have a particularly poor diet? etc etc)?

Valentine Xxx

my scan is tomorow. it doesnt run in my family nor do i have a poor diet. Thanks for the reply xx

My blood test came back low risk for spina bifida but high risk for downs syndrom. We weren't offered a scan jus the amno test. After much delibirating we decided to decline the test as it's too much of a risk. If I'm ever pregnant again I'm going to refuse the blood test because it does nothing but cause a lot of worry.

Leanne x

Sorry I've not had this, but I am just writing a message to wish you luck x

i have no info or experience of this hun just want to wish you all the best and hope you get some reassurance you need x

I am sorry to hear that, just wanted to wish you all the best and to say that the blood tests are only an indication of risk, not a certainty, so hopefully all with be well. I went for amniocentesis today and hoping for the best as well.
Lots of love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back