Worried about NT test result!

Kirstieplus1

Reaction score
So I had my scan yesterday which was amazing.

Baby was fine and even Put me forward so was actually 13+1 yesterday and now due 29th December.

The measurement on baby's neck was 2.49mm - thIs seems high to me and really starting to worry about it. I wont get blood results till next week.

Anyone else have similar reading and what was the outcome?

Ps. I'm 25 so based on that I should be low risk but I did smoke before I knew bubba was here.

Make a pregnancy ticker

I wouldn't worry as we had a high risk as our measurement was 4.5mm. The midwife said anything under 3.5mm is perfectly ok!!

Thanks. How did you manage finding out you were having a baby boy this early? X

Because of our measurement and blood results we were so high risk (1 in 45) we had to had to have a CVS test where they took a sample of the placenta for testing. He has no chromosomal problems but has a small chance of having a heart problem which we find out on Monday but other than that we now know he's a little boy :)

I'm glad your little boy has no chromosome abnormalities.... It must have been such a worry.
Good luck for Monday xx

Thanks were a lot more chilled about it now. I think at first it was the initial shock (as this is our first) and we went in to the scan and it was amazing only to be told bad news at the end then there was the miscarriage risk and the choice of whether we'd abort or not. But now any issues he has can be 'fixed' when he's born :)

They would've told you if it was too thick at the scan anyway

Thank you I feel a lot better about it now. It's amazing what doctors and technology can go nowadays x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back