Worried about William - please advise??

positivity :)

Reaction score
He had his 8 week jabs today and this evening he has a fever. His temperature is 38.1 on NHS it says above 37.5 is a fever. He is really quiet, drowsy and 'not with it' we just gave him baby paracetemol, hoping it goes down. Should I call the doctor or is this ok?? :(

Xx

Didnt want to read and run. Don't know what to suggest. Maybe call NHS direct first? Hope his temp comes down v soon xxx

Check his temp 20mins after paracetamol I it doesn't go down call nhs direct babe

Sounds normal but it's worring isn't it? I stayed awake all night when Kynon had his as I was so paranoid, I could have had a good nights sleep as he slept for hours. Keep an eye on his temp, the paracetamol should bring it down quite quickly, baby ibufen works even better though, Kynon had both when he had an ear infection, I alternated between them. They do seem off colour for a few days but if your worried call nhs 24 for advice. Hope he gets over them quickly, Kynon has his second lot next week, dreading them x

Thank you. I'm so worried, he's laying on me flakes out at the moment, just really not himself :cry:

We will check it at 11pm and will call nhs if it's still high :(

Xx

Its quite normal after their jabs to feel a bit poorly but you've done the right thing. Its when you can't bring it down with the paracetamol that its really a worry!! So yeah leave it a little bit and check again and you should find its come down.

Hope he's ok xx

Hope his temp goes down hun. Thinking of you xx

Hope he's ok :( Definitely worth giving nhs direct a ring if it doesn't come down but it is quite common after jabs x

After Islas jabs it was the first time she'd slept longer than7 hrs! Hope he's ok xx

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Morning girls, thank u so much for Ur advice, I'm sorry I didn't get back on to update. His temp went 38.1, 37.9, 38.2 then down to 37.4. He started to wake up and become more alert after the medicine so we monitored him until his temp came down. It's 36.4 this morning :)

Had a difficult night with him he wasnt settling at all :( just hope he's back to normal soon xx

So glad his temp is down babe :cheer: keep an eye on it for piece of mind today..
Xxx

Aw glad to hear he's ok, sometimes the jabs can really knock them for 6! Mine is always funny and not himself for 3 days after, he gets so grumpy and cries at everything, goes really really clingy and is unsettled and won't sleep, then day 4 he's fine and normal again! I dreaded jab time but we had the last lot last week :) no more until 12 mths yey!!! Hope he is ok today just give extra cuddles and have a cosy day with him x

Yeah I will, was so scary seeing him so floppy and drowsy :(

Xx

It's horrible :( I'll never forget when Jaycee was 39.9 on paracetamol naked, cold wet flannels all over her and a big fan full blast on her!! She was delerious it was so upsetting!! She was 3.. I couldn't imagine having that happen with a baby!! U must have been so scared :hug:

Glad he is ok Rhea sleeps most of the day after her jabs and had bit of a fever with the 1st lot but the second sure it will b back to his normal self soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back