Worried about not gaining weight - crazy I know!!

hellywelly

Reaction score
So normally weight loss would have me cracking open the champagne, but I'm getting a little worried that I'm now nearly 14 weeks and am thinner than when I got pregnant at the start of the summer. Only by a few pounds, but I haven't even been sick for the past fortnight and am stuffing myself like a pig a lot of days!!

In fairness, I'm 'carrying a fair amount of timber' as some would say (I'm 5ft 9 and a size 18) but even so, I had expected a few pounds to go on by now. The fat must be migrating from somewhere as my belly is getting a little bigger. I was worried the scan would show no baby 10 days ago but it's definitely there!! Has anyone else not gained/lost weight during their first tri or start of their 2nd tri? I'm sure I'll post this and gain half a stone next week!! lol

Hun I honestly wouldnt worry..I didnt gain until bout 18 weeks...and even now Ive only gained 11lb...4 and half of that is baby!!!!

So honestly, try not to worry but definately mention to midwife next time you go!

xx

I haven't gained either yet - I am a size 14/16 so I reckon we should just be happy! Lol. I am quite happy not to gain too much weight in pregnancy. My mum keeps reminding me that she gained 3 stone when she was pregnant with me, so I reckon it is putting me off eating rubbish food! xx

Hi! I was also worried at the exact time you were! I stopped throwing up regularly around week 12/13, and still lost weight, I was getting a bump, but hubby could see my legs were getting thinner and my collarbones and cheek bones were showing more than before, but apparently that was not a problem. I asked a lady on cow and gate who said I shouldn't worry and asked my midwife at my 16 week appointment (had barely gaind 2 lbs or so then), and she just said that that was good, and not to worry as it would catch up! As long as you try to eat healthy and you take your prenatal vitamins you should be fine! I'm now 20.5 weeks and have gained in total about 6lbs, which is still less than recommended for how far I am, but shows I am now gaining about 1 lbs a month like I should.
What I figured was that as long as the bump is growing baby should be getting what it needs and the one suffering from malnutrition or too few calories would be me!

In short: Don't worry! :)

I lost weight and then stayed the same untill this week so I wouldnt worry!! Im a size 16/18 too so think we just dont need to put on so much weight!!
xxx

hiya i'm the same but not worried as i'm not small size 18, i lost about 1 and half stone before i got pg and have only put on about 3lb so far since my booking in app xxx

Hey hun, I'm only a size 6/8 and havnt put on any weight yet, it will happen eventually

im 5'11 and a size 20/22 and i was before getting pg. i lost 3kg between my first and last mw app and my arms and under my boobs have got thinner so your not alone lol

I wouldnt worry, i lost 10lb up to about week 14 through being sick all the time, ive still only put 8 of those back on now. I didnt really start putting weight on till around week 18 x

I am envious of this thread.... Lol. I dread to think how much I have put on. It was 5-7lbs before I came on my holiday! In seriousness though, I don't think you should worry too much hun, the baby is still teeny tiny and that itself wouldn't be adding much weight to the scales. X

Im 26 weeks and Ive only gained a about 3lbs from my first midwife appointment and my latest measurements show that the baby is developing well and at the rate she should be doing. I personally don't feel that there is any reason to gain any extra weight during pregnancy apart from the obvious extra water and baby weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back