Worried about my little man

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hes not a very clingy little boy, he loves being independent and normally cant wait to get to nursery to play with his friends. But today he didnt want me to leave him, he kept asking for me to take him home and didnt want to sit down with the other boys and girls. Im worried about him as its not like him at all, anyone else been in a similar situation? x x

Grace can sometimes have days like this, not too often though. I would say keep an eye on it and see if he's the same next time he goes in. I think sometimes if they've not slept particularly well or are feeling a bit off they can be like this from time to time.

If it seems to be more than a one off I would ask the nursery staff if he seems ok when you leave, most of the time they are. I had to do this and was reassured that as soon as I left she was fine!

Thanks Laura, i will see what hes like today when he gets home. I really just didnt want to leave him :( x x

Yeah my wee girl was at nursery from 6 months old and loved it for a long while then she'd get the odd day here and there where she wouldn't want to go.

Would only be one day every so often though. Or she'd say to me at night, I dont want to go tomorrow ect. Heartbreaking to leave them for the day when they're crying/clingy.

I'm sure he'll be fine tomorrow.

:)

Thanks littlemiss. It must of just been one of those mornings because he didnt want to come home in the afternoon! x x

lool

They always have fun once they get into the swing of things.

How did he get on today?

He doesnt go today hunny but thanks for asking. He goes to my nans but hes been really good in general, no clingy moments and no kicking off so im hoping he was just having an off day x x

aww thats good he gets to go to ur nans, i bet she loves watching him too. Did he have fun on holiday?

He loved it hunny, because we were all inclusive, it took him a few days to get used to eating different food though, the choice for kids wasnt great! He didnt want to come home, on the last morning, he climbed into bed with me and snuggled up and said mummy i dont want to go home, it was so sweet x x

He loved it hunny, because we were all inclusive, it took him a few days to get used to eating different food though, the choice for kids wasnt great! He didnt want to come home, on the last morning, he climbed into bed with me and snuggled up and said mummy i dont want to go home, it was so sweet x x

Awwww bless - I dont blame him I wouldn't want to go home from holls either.

My wee girl was crying on the last day coz she was gonna miss her new friends, then she cried when we got home too loool - trying to teach her that meeting new friends and never seeing them is a part of life that she needs to get used to.

Bless you - it's horrible isn't it? I get this with my son quite a lot. Most of the time he's happy to go into nursery but occasionally he doesn't want me to leave his and gets all clingy. I hate it as I worry about him all day. He's always been fine with I go to pick him up. Never really worked out why although I have noticed if he's tired he's definitely more clingy. Sorry not much help - just sending a hug! xx

He just wandered off today without even giving saying bye or giving me a kiss, the little monkey making me worry x x

Grace used to do this, she skips into nursery now! I used to worry so much about her!

She was most disappointed when I told her she was at nursery today and not her big school! She went in for an after ion last week and loved it - didn't want to leave and made a couple of friends already :) very proud of her considering she used to be so shy!

Well done Grace :D Cant believe they are growing up so quick! x x

He just wandered off today without even giving saying bye or giving me a kiss, the little monkey making me worry x x

It broke my heart when my wee 1 started school and would be too embarrased to give me a kiss and cuddle before she went into class

:cry:

M2a don't worry, we have some Like that a lot, it can b even the ones that never ever do it. Could b bad sleep, upset tummy, or something going on at home that he picked up on..baby stuff? Kids pick up on these so quickly don't they. I'm sure he's fine, just having a funny day! Hooe your doing well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back