Wormeries

monster_munch

Reaction score
Does anyone have one?

We're going to get one, but I am confused by two:
(Basically we are going to get one of these 2, but I have no real clue what the difference is, bar the way they look :think: The descriptions aren't exactly that informative!)

first one

second one

Can anyone help?
We just want to be able to get rid of all compostable waste and paper etc and not have too much residual waste to deal with.
We like the wormeries as you get the liquid residue which is basically pure baby bio for your plants.

I think the 2nd one, hubby thinks the 1st, but I'm not sure how much the first would take. - However, the 2nd doesn't appear to have layers like the first - it is just a big bin, with worms in :rotfl:
God I'm confused!

Not much help I know, but reading the descriptions on the links really made me laugh at the thought of 1000 worms wriggling around... :rotfl:

Sorry :) x

OMG :shock:
I thought you meant like an ant farm, couldn.t believe how wierd you were then realised :oops:
You're not wierd, I'm stupid :oops:
And I've got no idea so no help either, sorry :)

:rotfl:

You can get worm farms (like that ant farms) on that site.

But we want a composter :lol:

We think we are going to go for number 1, but the rectangular version

I have looked into it but not bought one. We were going to go for the first one.

I think with the second one you stick it all in and the wroms move through it but to harvest the compost you need to tip the whole lot out and fish through it :puke:

With the first one you just remove the bottom layer when it is ready and empty it then move it to the top of the pile.

I think there is a green forum with a link about wormeries but i have lost the link

Good luck!

That's what we thought as well about the big one - couldn't figure out how to get the worms out without touching them :puke:

Think we have chosen the right one :cheer:

We are going to order it in a couple of weeks!
Wooo

Let me know how you get on with it as I keep thinking of buying one

Good luck!

what on earth is a wormerie? does it hav anything 2 do with worms?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back