working from home help please

hennaly

Reaction score
I am trying to find a job i can do from home, ie stuffing envelopes or something, things are gettig desperate here now and i need to make some money however small an amount but i have no idea where to find this kind of job, does anyone know of anywhere i can get some home work from?

a lady i know makes soap in her own home and makes a load of money from doing it, its really enjoyable and can be done in your own time :)

Sugarhigh said:
a lady i know makes soap in her own home and makes a load of money from doing it, its really enjoyable and can be done in your own time :)
thats a good idea, im really not very good at insperation.

I never tried it lol looks fun though hav sent you a link via PM

be careful if you use caustic soda to make soap, I think the fumes from it are dangerous for pregnant women. Until you've had the baby you could make whipped body butters and things like that?

something like this

Approx. 60% Shea Butter
Approx. 40% Natural Oils
(You can use any fixed/carrier oils like Soy, Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, Avocado, etc.).
Corn Starch (optional, but some feel it cuts down on the "greasy" feeling).
Any lotion safe fragrance oil, or you can use all natural essential oils instead if you prefer.
Mica Powders can be used to give the butter a little shimmer or colour (optional).

Basic recipe for a one pound batch:
10 oz. Shea Butter
6 oz. Fixed Oils (you can use all one, or use 2 oz. each of 3 different oils)
2 tsp. Corn Starch (can add more if desired)
.5 oz. fragrance oil (3% should be plenty, but you can add up to 1 oz for 6.25%)

• In a large Pyrex measuring bowl, melt your shea butter in a pan of water (double boiler method) on the stove. Once melted, add your oils, fragrance oil and cornstarch. Stir very well.
• Remove the Pyrex bowl and set it inside of a large metal bowl filled with ice water for a cold-water bath. This will help cool the butter faster and is much easier than having to keep putting it in the freezer in between whipping.
• Using a hand mixer, whip the butter continually for several minutes just like you would frosting. It will begin to cool and as you keep mixing, it will start to look like whipped cream. Once the butter has solidified and has the right whipped texture (it will have peaks on top just like cool whip!), spoon it into your jars and you are finished!

or this?

- Melt cocoa butter
- Add chunk of solid shea butter
- Wait til shea butter melts in
- Add jojoba oil
- Pour all into a mixer and whip
- Let cool

If you melt all the butters you would be whisking all night. Shea butter can go grainy if melted, so if you just let it soften in the cocoa butter, you wont get graininess.

You dont need to wait until shea butter melts, you can add the jojoba at the same time and proceed from there.

If you dont want whipped butter, just stir the above together and it will be nice thick body butter.

have you seen fight club, tyler durden made soap in his own home and you know what happened there...........

Have you tried Avon. I do it and I really enjoy it. I love the products and make up so I can be enthusiastic when going out. Sor far its only neighbours really but im making a wee bit of cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back