working and having young kids....?

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
hiya ladies! :wave:

ok.. i have my 4 year old sister with me.. and im responsible for her. im due to pop in december and would like to start working jan 08 part-time.

the thing is.. im not sure if alot of jobs do only term-time jobs or is there such a thing. (esp in the accounting field)

i really wanna work but when the kids are on half term or holiday..what do i do?

Someone I know has got a part time personnel job in John Lewis in the Oracle, and finds them really family friendly. I guess for half-terms etc you will need to consider some sort of child care - I think it was Dionne that posted a great link for this somewhere? Here's the link - thanks to whoever it was, because it is fabulous! http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/index.asp

Hi Ebony,

I guess the another option would be to try and get a job in a school - I'm sure they need bookkeepers etc. A lot of jobs withing schools are term time only. I think schools usually advertise via the local counicl, so would be worth you checking Reading and Wokingham councils (Wokingham cover schools from Lower Earley outwards)

Lucy
xxx

Wow - another person from Wokingham. Hi.

A friend of mine at school, her mum used to permanently temp (if that makes any sense) so that she could work term times only. Another friend of mine works in a school, I think she is doing something with accounts but can't remember exactly what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back