Working After Maternity?

kazlin

Reaction score
I used to work full time before I became pregnant, but now I only want to go back part time, which all being well, will be 2nd September. I am hoping for two full days a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays...fingers crossed.

How many of you decided/are deciding to go back to work after having your little one? What hours do you work etc? :)

I'm on my 3rd week now. I work Wed, Thurs, Fri 8am until 4pm and then sat and Sun 7am till 2pm.

obviously thats full time but because I do the early shift at the weekend I still have most of the day left with Evie so at the moment it's not too bad although I haven't ruled out changing to part time :shhh: :shhh:

I had 9 months off work and went back in April. I wokr Monday 9:15 - 17:15, Friday 9:45 - 17:15 and every other Saturday I do 4 hours.

I love it. I enjoy going to work, having adult chat seeing people. Jack enjoys nursery. I couldn't stay at home all day everyday but I only work 2 days so it's not being away from hom too much either. :)

I'm on my 3rd week back now and i do 24 hours p/w (Mon, Thurs and Fri 8.30am-5.00pm)

Lola goes to my mum's on a Mon & Thurs :)
OH Changed his hours when i went back and he works 10 hour days Mon-Thurs so he can have the Fri off to spend with Lola :D

If i had to pay for a nursery i don't think i would have been able to afford to work part time so i've been really lucky 8)

im due back may 9th next year. having a year off. im hoping to go back 4 days a week, we need almost all my wage. we could prob manage if i did less as its only family watching caitlyn, but we dnt really want to "manage"
were used to splurging :lol:

I don't know what to do. I'm due back 25th March, but i need to decide where i'll be better off with nursery fees etc. It'll probably not be worth going back p/t as half my wage will go on fees, same as full time. I'm so confused. I have no family to rely on for a day or so a week really.

Im back full time doing 4 days on 7am till 7pm, 4 days off then 4 nights on 7pm - 7am then 4 days off, then back on to the days pattern.

I had to come back full time didnt have a choice £££ wise

I'm not going back to London but in October I am going to do a few days a week somewhere local and MIL will look after Evie. not really happy about it but no choice really :(

yeah after oliver i went back to working full time. 9-5:30 mon, wed and fri. thurs 1-9:30 and sun 9:30 - 6.

i had to go back full time because i knew i was going to leave again after a few months for this baby's maternity leave.

i am hoping that i will be able to go back part time after this baby is here. wether we can afford that, with having three kids and all that i'm not sure, but we'll look at that when it's time for me to look at going back to work (will be may sometime).

I'm technically off now until 4th Aug next year if I take a full year off. But I'll probably go back in June, on the same hours (30) but on perm nights because the unsocial hours pay is really good. I'd be working 3 nights a week which isn't too bad, it'll also help us get a better mortgage cos I really want to move house towards the end of next year.

After Lucy I went back to work after 12 months maternity. I went back full time as really we couldn't afford much else. It worked out fine for us but this time I'm thinking I'll probably have to drop a few hours and maybe do an hour or two less each day (5 days a week) so that I have time to fit the school/nursery run in with 2 children.

Its a fine balance between timing everything to get to school/nursery/work and still do enough hours to earn enough to pay the bills. Not sure how we'll work it in the end but I could without the pressure from MIL about "how long a day is at shool" and how it's not the same as nursery etc.

I work 9 till 2:30pm but more often than not I'm caught up till 3:30pm... :( I was doing 8:30 till 3:30 last week but I put my foot down this week as I'm only contracted 9:30 till 2:30 and I work 5 days a week... I also do baby photography on a part time basis...

I miss lil miss terribly... :( but she's still fully breast fed and I now produce enough milk to feed a small baby army... DH is complaining cos I still have this gold dust breast milk mentality and our freezer is tiny and now jam packed with little tubs of breast milk... I am lucky in a way though... what time I do get with Tia and lil miss... is so exceptionally special... nothing like before where all my time was spent with them... now I just love basking in their presence and playing with them...I enjoy feeling that way rather than to feel I need to have a break from them because I am with them all the time... Its one of the benefits to working, spending time with your babies even if they are screaming the house down, is just so wonderful :lol:

Before I had Brody I went back to part time, approx 20 hours a week, after Brody I worked one day a week, Thursdays.

I'm off on my maternity now till about january, I may go back to one day a week again after that.

I have to go back to work full time after maternity can't afford not to although nursery fees means we'll still be pretty strapped for cash for awhile :roll: Im dreading it already even though baby isn't here yet but needs must and I know the time I do spend with baby will be so much more special to me!

After Jack i went Back to work 4 days a week - 9-3, i wish it could be less tho :(

Im due back to work in November and will be going back full time, really not looking foward to it :( Really enjoy looking after Maisy and the thought of leaving her in a nursery all day from 9-5 really upsets me. Also not looking foward to making my way into London every morning in the rush hour :wall:.

im going back 3 days a week on 1st october
monday, tuesday, wednesday 8-4.30
MIL will have jack on a mon OH will have him on a tues and my mum will ave him on a wed
i REALLY REALLY dont want too :( :( :(

I really dont want to go back as i dont want to miss any part of my LO growing up but financially im screwed so im aiming for 2 full days and 1 afternoon. If things get really stretched then i will try and get an evening job so im at home with the baby in the day.

Claire x

Going to be aiming for 2days and mabey an afternoon or morning I guess. Dont know how that will work financially, as there is no point if everything I earn is going to be spent on nursery. I cant go back to my old job part time, as it requires someone full time to fullfil all of the requirements. So i'll have to do something else, I want something more local too, as I used to commute an hour each way, and cant do that with LO in nursery, id be droping him off at 7am and picking him up at 7pm.

Anyone here work part time and pay for child care... is it worth while??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back