Work?

leeste16

Reaction score
Its a toughy.
I think the only trouble is you could get stuck in a rut. If you dont go back to work, then after the next sick note runs out you will find it twice as hard as now.
If I was you I would force myself to go back maybe two hours a day to start, and I bet you it wont be half as bad as you thought.
I was exactly the same, Sunday I was thinking I dont want to go to work. Got up monday went to work, was home by 9.30, then had scan tuesday so had day off, then Wednesday I phoned in sick, lay there feeling all guilty and saying to myself you have to go, in the end I got my lazy bum out of bed and went to work, and it was fine!!!!!!!!!!!!
You probably feel ill beacuse you are stressing about going back to work, we all do it.
Just try and beat it, otherwise you will get stuck.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
xx

Very true, you dont want to rush back into it and then make yourself worse.
You might be better to take this sick note and then go back after that.
As long as you want to go back you will be fine.
But get yourself and the baby 100% before you start back!!!
:hug: :hug:
xx

Hi CalamityGem,

I went through exactly the same as you, i was off for about 8 weeks in total and going back was sooo hard. Being in work wasn't too bad but the travelling there and back (I get the train) was horrendous!

I would say don't push yourself into it, make sure you are feeling ok and try doing a little bit at home everyday to build up your strength. I think you lost the same amount of weight as me (1 1/2 stone) and if you think about how much trauma your body has been through (never mind the fact that you are also carrying a baby!), you need to make sure you and your baby are fit and well.

Speaking of weight though, have you managed to put any back on yet?

xx

I'm glad your boss was good with you. I remember just feeling really guilty about being off.

I'm doing really well now, thanks. I haven't been sick since Friday and before that it was about a week too, so i'm well chuffed. I've managed to put over half a stone back on i think, which is great coz it means i'm so much better but i have to say i quite liked being in size 10 maternity trousers!! I've never been a size 10 before!

Sorry its taken me so long to reply - busy weekend!

I agree with you, I'd gladly put on stone after stone if it meant an easy pregnancy. I really hope your sickness clears up soon.

I meant to ask, are you feeling baby kicking and stuff now?

xx

Yeah, my little one has started waking me up at night too. OH has felt it a little bit but not much really. I feel quite bad, I have this amazing feeling of the baby moving around inside me and he doesn't get anything except me going on about how brilliant it is!

Have you had your 20 week scan yet? Did you find out the sex?

We had ours a couple of weeks ago and decided not to find out, we both really want the surprise, its exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back