work woes what do i do......

hayes

Reaction score
So ive been signed off for two weeks with the horrid morning sickness my doc wanted me to rest after losing weight i cudnt afford to lose and wanted me on tablets.

This wk is my normal AL and im now suffering with a uti aswell as overly hot and still have nausea and diahorrea!! My doc wanted to sign me off again next wk but i do want to get back as i miss my job and the children. However i know im not guna be able to handle a full day especially as i feel very dizzy and weak still alot of the time.

My sis works at the same place as me and altho i have informed my boss i will ring this wk she has apparently put me down for my usual 9-6 hrs nxt wk without talkin to me. Wen sis said im still unwell and now have uti she went mad apparently and said 'well i will wait and hear that frm her' and was not happy!!

EKkkk guna have to ring tomoz and speak to her and say there is no way i can cum back full time want to do 9-2 and see how it goes.

What shud i say if she tries to push me to do longer? or to do afternoons which i will be knacker by? do i have any rights? or shud i get a docs note?? Im very worried.

Help dont want to upset anyone but i cant do full time straight away ill die!!

Oh and boss knows i have fibromyalgia?IBS which i think is why i feel so bad and have the poos lol. I have no idea how pg will be effected by this.

Sorry for long post wanted to get it off my chest.

Any help appericated.

Michelle. x

Just tell her you're not fit enough to work your usual hours and that if she can accommodate you to work 9-2 with annual leave hours for the remainder of the day then you can come back, if not, then you will be off sick.

Go to your doctor and ask for a fit note with reduced hours. That means they can't force you to do more

I work in hr if you are signed fit for work by your gp your work can reasonably ask you to do your contracted hours. You need to go back to your gp and ask for a fit note signing you back fit for work on reduced hours. Once you have this your work can't request you to do any more hours than this until the note expires x

Thanks doc wanted me to be signed off completely again, i think il speak to her and if she wants the note il ring docs and get them to write it for me. She is a very odd one, sumtimes she is lovely and understanding and other times a nightmare. I really want to get back but i dont want to burn out and be off for longer.

Michelle. x

Some doctors will give you a sick note which says you are fit to work when you feel up to it, but if not then to rest. This tends to be an ongoing thing though. A friend of mine has been signed off her entire pregnancy due to morning sickness & severe morning sickness but her doctors note says if she feels up to it then she can go in for a few hours. Personally I think you'd be better to be signed off for another week, I know only too well what it's like being bored & at home but you're not doing yourself or your baby any favours by pushing yourself when your body is telling you it's unwell ....especially in this heat!x

Just say that the Dr wants to sign you off, but you would prefer to come back to work for a portion of the day till you recover. Although employers can't discriminate due to pregnancy, and need to allow you time for appointments etc. from experience, they unfortunately still find ways to get around the law.

Good luck x

She cant cope without me thats what it is, im not being big headed here she has made it that way and says so herself. She needs to think about what she is guna do tho as eventually i will be on maternity leave. Will call tomoz morn and see whats is said. Thanks for making me feel better girls.

Michelle. x

Well i rang her girls. Very odd wasnt expecting her to say dont cum back just get signed off again!!

She was a bit off with me saying i nedd to work the afternoon or nothing!! Lovely when i have just said i wudnt be able to do that for a bit. Anyway the gist of it is that she wants me signed off till im ready for fulltime 9-6(working with toddlers)and if i cant do it then dont cum back till i can.

She means well(i think)but it doesnt always cum across that way. And what if i cant ever get back to full time i have always known that my health issues might arise when pg.

Oh well guess its a trip to the docs for me tomoz then!!!

Michelle. x

I think that's very short sighted of her. Surely by accommodating part-time hours it could possibly help you return to full-time quicker! I've never known an employer want employees to be fully signed off either! Bizarre!

i was in the same situation when preggo with my daughter! I was signed off from 9 weeks....and i was prepared to go back to work, but only wanted to do 2 days a week (was usually 4) but my boss said she couldn't give that the ok - if I was able to work I had to do my contracted hours - so i had to be signed off (stupid huh, cos surely it's better to have someone in part-time than not at all!).

By law you place of work has to provide a rest room for pregnant ladies - where you are able to lay down in private.....when I did go back to work I found that going to this room during my lunch break and laying down for that time I felt a lot better to work the afternoon. I had 24/7 severe nausea and fatigue from 6-18 weeks.

Thanks hun, all the girls are lovely there and cant believe that she said no when they wud have wanted me back. I know what is really happening she is panicing big time but she doesnt want me to leave but she does have to face up to the fact that i WILL be gone on maternity at sum point silly woman!!

But hey ho im starting to feel better so fx i will b ok to go back to normal hrs by the 22nd!!

Michelle. x

I think sometimes with bosses they get very stressed and panicky when they realise they are going to have to manage without you and can often come across harsher then I think they mean to - that's what I'm telling myself any way when last week, after I told her in the morning I may have to go home cos I kept having to leave my class to throw up and was shaking, and she basically told me to 'toughen up', get over myself it's a baby not an illness ... Lovely! Xxx

Thats horrid hun, i do think that they dont realise how they cum across sumtimes.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back