wooden stair gates

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Well the time has come to invest in a couple of stair gates as Finn can now get himself from the lounge to the kitchen & the hall/stairs is in the middle of the two :wall: so...my question is about wooden stair gates.

Does anyone have one & would you say that the bars are wide enough for a cat to get through?

Not got one, but unless your cat is huge i think the spars are big enough or it can just jump over.
My cat was thick tho and would probably just sit and look at it till i opened the gate for it

chickadee1976 said:
My cat was thick tho and would probably just sit and look at it till i opened the gate for it
Mine is the same. I think jumping over it would be too much like hard work for him.

I'd not say the bars are wide enough for a cat to fit through. TBH they can alwasys jump if they really need to.

My stair gate is way too narrow between the bars for anything other than a super skinny cat to fit through.

:wink: if a cat could get through it then I have no doubt a determined toddler could too.... :rotfl:

Depends how fat your cat is....I have a slinky black one who can fit through a 3 inch gap, we should have called her houdini she s great at escaping :lol: Actually even my fattish cat can fit through the bannisters as long as she goes slowly so wouldnt have thought it would be a prob. As Sherlock says they will just have to jump!

Been and bought a nicer looking wooden one for downstairs and a white one for upstairs - cat wont be able to squeeze himself through so he'll just have to sleep downstairs if he wont jump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back