wont settle or sleep - please help!

heles7

Reaction score
For the first few weeks James was really good at settling in his basket and going off to sleep without much help but his routine has been turned upside down by my frequent stays in hospital.

Now he won't be put down anywhere, aside from short bursts in the bouncing chair and just wants to be held all the time. My last stay in hospital, OH was putting him in the sling to go off to sleep and I can't get him to go in the basket to sleep now. Last night he had an hour, woke up, had another two hours, woke up and had another couple of hours tops before OH got up with him for the day.

Is he too young for controlled crying? I hate the idea of this but if it works... whats the best place to read about it? ANy other tips gratefully received!

Owen is a few days older than you LO and for the last two weeks I have put him down in his cot in the nursery when i know he is tired and let him cry (he's been fed, changed, not too hot or cold). I put his lullaby music on (this really helps), if he is still crying after 5 mins then i go up and put his dummy back in, this has only happened a few times - he is normally asleep within 2 mins of crying. He sleeps much better and for longer now, he did 9 hours last night!!!

I never leave him if he is really screaming - you really get to know the difference between a tired cry and a "i need something" cry

Some people can't stand to hear their baby cry but as long as they are safe and you have done everything they need then it should work

Good luck x x

I'm just starting to do the controlled crying method AGAIN after we did it months ago and then all our routine was ruined by a holiday, illness and then another break away from home.

I'd really recommend you to try and let the baby settle himself. I don't know about leaving him to cry for too long as he's still tiny but at least make sure he goes to sleep in his cot/moses basket etc. Don't be tempted to rock him to sleep or stuff like that. I know only too well just how hard it can be but at 2 months is so much easier than at 11 months! Try to save yourself the hard work later by getting into a good routine again now. It shouldn't take too long. Just stick to the same things, bath, lullaby music, bottle, cuddle, bed etc. Do that every night without fail and it'll work.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back