Woman loses final embryo appeal

Ah right, i never knew you couldnt just freeze them on there own. Well i still think it was the right choice.

Im totally on the fence with this one, I do really feel for the woman but also the man.

I agree that if she had been pregnant he couldnt have forced her into a termination, but she wasnt pregnant, its different.

I believe that there was a 5 year time limit that they could be used or something wasnt there? And wasnt there something signed to say that they agreed that any partner could withdraw consent at any time?

I think they both went into it knowing the risks, knowing that it wasnt a sure bet for her, and yes it may have been her eggs but it was his sperm too.

Then again, this was her last chance to have a geneitc child, but as others have said - there are other options.

I understand she must be gutted that she will now never have a child that is genetically heres, but im sure with the proper help and support she will come to terms with this and go on to have a baby with her new partner through other means such as egg donation.

I just hope and pray that none of us ever have to make the same decisions, it would be heartbreaking.

This is a really heartbraking situation and a very difficult dilema. I can see and understand both sides of the story, but I do feel that the right decision has been made.

i agree the guy shouldnt be forced into parenthood, but no-one forced him to fertilize the eggs. to me it is like getting someone pregnant then forcing her to abort. but perhaps i just feel so strongly because i'm pregnant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back