Wits end .....

Leanne and Andy

Reaction score
Well hello ladies...This is the first time ive logged on for a while. Since Olivers been born weve had a string of bad luck :wall2: First our dog Lana got nicked (we got her back after a week), then we lost my Nanna VERY suddenly who lived with us to fast agressive cancer (2 days from diognosis to passing away), My dads now house bound - chair bound even due to a mini stroke and theres NOTHING i can do to help him. He lives ion Yorkshire i live in Blackpool plus i have my hands full with Ollie boy..who talking of which is having a bumpy ride in his first 7 weeks of life. Suffering daily from mad painful silent reflux which results in him litrally screaming every waking moment. Apart from the first 10 mins of waking up when he laughs his gawjus head off. He is on gaviscon infant for this but it isnt helping matters. So tomorrow my poor boys gunna docs. Im hoping they dont fob me with "Hell grow out of it" - Just wondered if anyone had any advice for relux babies? Hes currently on Aptimal about 5 ounce every 3-4 hours. Hes slept through the night 3 times but some nights he dosnt sleep at all :( My poor boy. His constant crying is putting mega pressure on me n andy because we feel we cant enjoy our little angel knowing hes suffering. Any advice ladies and hope ur all well xxxxx

A updated pic of "Ollie Monster" :cloud9:

Attachments

• preg forum Ollie.jpg
    preg forum Ollie.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 3
  • my gawjus boy laughing preg forum 2.jpg
    my gawjus boy laughing preg forum 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3
when he is in the cot or moses basket heighten the bit at the top where is head is amy suffered with reflux but she had some ranitadine she got it while she ws in hospital it was really good dunno if you could get that on prescription he will grow out of it i dunno what else you could give him. heighening his mattress where his head is will help it not coming back up again. amy doesnt have it any more. have u tried different milk?

Oh no! What a nightmare! X Massive massive hugs x I have no experience of reflux I'm afraid so no advice but I know a couple of people on here have experience so hopefully they'll be able to help x x

He is absolutely gorgeous! x x

We are now using ranitidine...
Huge :hug: for everything else x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah wat emma said i actually put pillows under the feet of madisons moses basket defo will help at night as the acid gets up easier when babys flat! hes feeding well enough considering hes in pain chick ... and i know u dont wanna hear it but they do say they will grow out of it... altho if hes bad ... make sure they put him on ranitidine or losec as they will help other than that waiting game im afraid but it does get better and once u start weaning him theres a remarkable difference ... :hugs: hes a beaut by the way xx

baby whisperer the other day on telly had a baby with reflux, she put like a foam wedge under the mattress to raise it up so like the others said, she also swaddled the baby - not sure how that helps but it seemed to help calm the kid on the programme, good luck!

Ahh bless huge hugs to you. No advice but the others ladies have some good ideas x Hope your luck changes before Christmas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back