wish i had breast fed

urchin said:
Best of luck chick, try and offer him boob whenever you can :)

there is no milk there to suck. should i still try and ofer it so he uses it as a dummy?

silly questions i no but BF is so new to me not one of my friends have BF my mum never her sister never infact i no NO ONE

im very confident with babies and feel i know what im dong but when it comes to breast feeding :?

yeah id give it to him at every opportunity u can hun either instead of a dummy or wen he is happy to let him know its ok
does that make sence lol

Dionne

I exclusively bottle fed Ky until he was 3 weeks old - Not even considering breastfeeding. One day I had just got out the bath and picked up Ky because he was crying and he started suckling on his own...It was only then that I even gave breastfeeding a thought.
Over the next few weeks Ky was 80% bottle fed and he breastfed at night. From about 5 weeks old he refused bottles and I have exclusively breastfed him since. He is 8 months old and is still breastfed (along with solids).
So if you want to breastfeed, it is definitely possible - it just means you may have to supplement his feeds with formula until your milk supply has built back up - It took me about 3 weeks to get a sufficient supply of milk - But it took that long because I chose to bottle feed him when I had company or when OH wanted to help with the feeds.

Lotsa
goodluck1.gif
- If you want to breastfeed, I've no doubt you'll be sucsessful with a little perseverence!

dionne said:
urchin said:
Best of luck chick, try and offer him boob whenever you can :)

there is no milk there to suck. should i still try and ofer it so he uses it as a dummy?

Yeah the more he suckles the more it will stimulate your milk supply so do it at every opportunity!

dionne said:

just to let you know that a baby is much more efficient at getting milk out of our boobs, sometimes when I squeeze mine nothing comes out but then Olivia sucks and milk dribbles out of the side of her mouth. Don't let that put you off.

Also, make sure you're drinking enough water, I'm sure I produce more milk when I'm nicely hydrated.

HTH

Lucy

owww right, i didnt no that about drinking lots of water :roll:

I don't intend to restart breastfeeding again but just wondered, out of curiosity, would it be possible for me to start again?? I stopped b/f when Rubie was 2 months old and she is now 5 months. I don't leak and get nothing when I squeeze....

beanie said:
Even women who have not given birth can start producing milk through letting baby suckle on them for as long as possible.

Theoretically you could, but it would depend on whether Rubie would accept the breast or not :D

yes kim, i've read loads of articles that say you can relactate. It's the suckinh that stimulates it. Obviously the longer you stop for the longer it takes to get your milk supply up but it can be done!

I even read articles about mothers who adopt being able to feed after a while. The sucking triggers a hormone in the brain (i think :D) and that's what tells your body to produce milk.

Dionne I think it is brill that you are trying. I did love breastfeeding I just gave in because i couldnt keep up with Eva and then i restarted but she was getting so frustrated I just gave up! Silly really. The first 8 weeks were so tiring that I wanted other people to help feed her but now I wish I had stuck at it for longer than 6weeks.

keep us posted :) x

Oooooohhh really??? I think she would accept if something came out :?

If you want to try and relactate i would go for it :) if you have a nagging guilt like you have mentioned then you must want to try again and it isn't impossible. Maybe just try both and do what dionne is doing - letting her suckle instead of using a dummy for a while. Then if/when your milk comes back in she might get used to it again :) xx

I don't want this to sound wrong, but I feel a bit funny about letting her suckle when I know there is nothing there :? does that make sense???

yeah it makes sence hun. would you consider breast feeding again? if so use a pump to get the milk comin then she will be sucking milk

My mind is in overdrive thinking shall i shant i?? you on msn tonight hun? or is it bedtime for everyone now?? lmao

If i wasn't on the pill i would have started again a few weeks ago.

I know what you mean - the idea of her sucking makes me feel a bit strange now too. That kind of makes me feel bad, because I want her to be as close as possible to me.

If I have another baby I think I will try and stick it out for longer. It is really hard work and I think the breastfeeding mams are amazing! I was crying I was so tired and it made me really really dizzy (i was seeing spots!!). don't know if it was tiredness or breastfeeding - wonder if i wasnt drinking enough water :think:

can you not take the pill? i started back on the pill yesterday??????

you can take the mini pill

this is true, but if you are trying to relactate it is not a good idea to take this either until your milk supply is established. this is because they contain the hormone progesterone which actually can hinder lactation. they are ok to take once you have establised a supply though, i'm on cerazette now and have had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back