Wisdom teeth :(

little*red

Reaction score
my last wisdom tooth started to come in a few days ago and it is causing me soooooooo much pain. My jaw has totally ballooned, its gone stiff to the point where i can bearly open my mouth. The glands in my throat are swollen and its giving me really bad breath :oops: . My hubby told me to go to the dental hospital two days ago but im totally petrified of dentists and take panic attacks when i get injections in my mouth :( . Im taking 2 ibubrofen and 2 really strong co-codamol tablets every 4 hours and oragel (an aenstetic (sp?) gel) and im still in pain. Ive agreed to go to the dental hospital tomorrow at the emergency clinic, but im so worried they will want to remove it with just a local anastetic, i wouldnt mind it being removed if i was given a general anastetic though. :cry: sorry girls just having a wee moan :cry:

If your that worried they will give you sedation as well as the injected local anasthetic - with sedation you'll know your at the dentist but won't have a clue as to what's going on type thing. I had mine out without sedation and it was fine, I didn't feel it coming out and no pain afterwards really. I had the same swelling/sore jaw etc beforehand too - I needed antibiotics not just pain killers to ease the infection that had caused the swelling in the first place. It's worth visiting the dentist as much as you hate it, promise they can work wonders to make you feel more at ease now.

I had 2 of mine out in Oct last year and just today the other two have started to hurt. I had them out under sedation, as I was petrified, It was just like being drunk I was able to talk to them and came out of the room laughing!
I am off to the dentists to see if I can have the other two pulled too. I was in agony last time and dont want to have that again.
Dont be scared they are better out than in!

I had two of mine out the beginning of last year. I have mine out at the hospital under general anesthetic. God it was sore :( . The day after I think I OD'd on the painkillers cause I was :puke: all over, which to say the least was extemely painful. But on the plus side I did really well on my diet that week :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back