• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will this last?

fayebalina

Reaction score
Ashtyn is 7 weeks old and for about 3 weeks has had a really good night time routine. I bath him around 7.30, feed him (with expressed milk....usually 5oz) then hes in his cotbed by 8-8.30. He stays there settled until around 2am has a quick feed then straight back to sleep until 6 or 7.
He is soooooooooooo good im just scared its not going to last, did anyone elses baby start out sleeping really well then get worse?

You are very lucky, make the most of it. Rubie was really good all round until this week, she has been so unhappy and very hard work. Every baby is different and goes through different stages at different times. You are obviously doing something right, good on you both :D

Seren was sleeping seven to nine hours straight by the age of 3 weeks. Sadly this went pear shaped about a month ago. Like Kim says babies go through different stages, Ashtyn may stay like that or may change. Just make the most of it

Aimee was a really good sleeper till she was about 15 weeks! She used to sleep through most nights, sometimes she would go 10.30 till 8. Not no more though. She is a nightmare now. Hope this is not going to be the case for you.

Rubie started sleeping through (10 hours) at 3 months and is still doing that now, but she is a nightmare in the daytime now. She used to sleep for at least 6 hours during the day and be happy when she was awake and never cry. For the last week she has about 5 minutes during the day and cries the rest of the time :( :( :(

beanie said:
Seren was sleeping seven to nine hours straight by the age of 3 weeks. Sadly this went pear shaped about a month ago. Like Kim says babies go through different stages, Ashtyn may stay like that or may change. Just make the most of it

Snap!

For the first couple of months Brody would wake once, at 4.30 on the dot. Over Christmas he even woke at 6.30am! It was great. Then he started waking every 2 hours, a habit we're still trying to break!

Don't worry about it too much though, with a bit of luck your baby will stay a good sleeper :)

Kacy was really good for a couple of weeks then things changed has soon has my o/h had time of work she started waking up more.

Ella's always been pretty good. She still sleeps well now - goes down about 8-8.30 and sleeps til 7/8/9 next morning. I think that following our routine helps - bath/grobag/bottle of EBM/bed. It's been that way for weeks.
In the day though it's anybodies guess how she'll do. She's asleep at the moment, but I don't know how long for.

Hi RosieRoo,
Our Ruby is just the same, shes been a fantastic sleeper since about 8 wks old. She has her bath, has her feed and then snuggles down to sleep. She now goes down around 9pmish and stays asleep until 8-9am. Her daytime sleeps are not many now but then each day is different, like today shes slept most of it whereas yesterday she was awake alot.
My fingers are well & truly crossed that it stays this way, i like my full nights sleep, but if her brother is anything to go by it could all turn sour by the time she reaches 2yrs old.
xXxXxXx

Ella has been sleeping through ever since 4 weeks old, even if she has had a bad day and has been crying alot she will always settle when I put her down at night and sleeps through. thinks she just likes to sleep (touch wood!)

Elliott was sleeping through from 8 weeks and he hasn't gone back to the 4am ish feed or waking since. We did get some bad weeks around 4 months where basically he needed to start weaning, I thought it was teething at the time but since he's been on solids it hasn't happened. (I got dead paniced though as I had become attached to more than 3 hours sleep at a time and the thought of "going backwards" filled me with horror!) I waited until 17 weeks to start the solids and now, four weeks into that, he has slept the last four nights from 7ish to 6-6.30 ish with no waking- horray! Really hope this lasts! We have been roughly going by Gina Ford since about 4 weeks old and I know people hate her but personally I feel I owe her a lot! Haven't done the black out blinds, crying it out or only sleeping in the cot stuff at all - just the routine of naps and feeding times. Who knows if it was that or just his general temprament anyway? Hope it lasts too though- I've jinxed myself big time here haven't I?! Oh dear.....!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back