Will this be the week the doctor finally helps me?!?!

cornishfairy

Reaction score
Some of you may know from earlier posts that I've been getting BFP's for 2 & 1/2 weeks now although my period wasn't due until Thurs of the week just gone. I went to the docs the day after my first bfp with 3 tests (lines still quite faint at that point) and because of my dates (at that point I was around day 14 of my cycle) he basically said he thought I was seeing things!! So I went back on thurs to say my period is due, ive had bfp's for over 2 weeks, CB Digi had been reading 2-3 weeks for a fortnight, my boobs have been soooo sore and veiny, getting mild cramps and brown spotting for a week etc... The doc I saw this time was quite positive and said go and do a sample, we'll do a test now. It was about 5pm and 30 mins since my previous pee so was a fairly weak sample and because the line didn't show immediately she said 'sorry it's negative'. As I sat there shocked and asking why I've only had positives at home I noticed the line appearing on her test. She said oh yes, but it's quite faint (probably due to weak sample I imagine!!) and she told me to go back when my period is a week late. The thing is, this pregnancy must have been from my previous cycle because we only BD'd in this cycle 2 days before my bfp! Therefore I have no idea how far along I am. I have prebooked another docs appt for this coming thurs so hopefully I may get someone who believes me, but it seems weird that they have been so keen to disbelieve me despite the masses of tests I've done! Has anyone else had this much trouble with their docs in the early days? It's been stressing me out which is not good, I just want to find out how pregnant I am as the second doc pointed out that my last period may have been a breakthrough bleed because of my strange BD/BFP dates! X

Ignore them call up Ur hospital tomorrow ask to speak to the epu or early pregnancy unit they will be alot more helpful and tell them everything I've said on here ok

all seems very very confusing to me all those tests but if it was from previous cycle wouldnt the lines be super dark now specialy as u got a 2-3 on a digi i realy dont know what the heck is going on with ya body but just do what they ask n go bk wen ur a week late best of luck xxx

Yeah the FMU lines are very dark now. The one at the docs was the only faint one I've had for at least a week and the doc said to me that their tests probably aren't very sensitive (did wonder why they use them then?!) Tried EPU a week ago when i was worried about the brown spotting but they don't wanna know, said I have to be referred from doc. They also said they cant really see anything until at least 6 weeks anyway - trouble is I dont know where i am! Grrr.... Waiting is just so frustrating isn't it!! x

ahh yes them doc tests are pooo n like u say y do they even use them :-/ .. could u maybe afford a private scan think can get them as cheap as 50 for a reasurance scan depending on ur area and my friend who lives in kent had a mc bk in october and is 6 weeks preg againa nd cannot get a scan unless she is refered by mw or a doc n she is still waiting to hear from the mw she called n left a message 2 week ago shes very worried n justw ants a reassurance scan xx

Think if the doc doesn't offer anything on thurs I'll look into a private scan just for some reassurance and an idea of dates! It's all getting very awkward as I want to keep this top secret until 12 weeks and finding reasons to be booking appointments at work is getting difficult! There's only so many things you can have wrong with you!! ;) xx

Yeah the FMU lines are very dark now. The one at the docs was the only faint one I've had for at least a week and the doc said to me that their tests probably aren't very sensitive (did wonder why they use them then?!) Tried EPU a week ago when i was worried about the brown spotting but they don't wanna know, said I have to be referred from doc. They also said they cant really see anything until at least 6 weeks anyway - trouble is I dont know where i am! Grrr.... Waiting is just so frustrating isn't it!! x

See I called and asked to speak to the community midwives based at the hospital as I have to be ref by doc too I've told them I have no idea how far gone I am and that my dic said it was fine we didn't need to know lol do they arranged a midwife for me she us coming out in a couple of days and arranging an early scan so try speaking to them instead x

Fab, will try that if I don't get much joy on thurs. I'm hoping once I'm a week late they'll finally start listening. It's just been a long time (it'll be over 3 weeks on thurs) since the first bfp so I guess I'm just getting antsy!!! Xx

Right try asking to speak to the community midwives this time at the hospital this us who I spoke to I explained I had no idea how far I was anything from 4-8 wks and doc wasn't interested. They're sending a mw round thurs and she is getting me an early scan to see how f

Last edited:
Me too so I just did one by the earliest j could be lol

Good idea!! ;) I find that I almost won't really feel like a pregnant person until the doctor says 'yes you are!'. I've got lots of symptoms and am off the booze & caffeine, taking the folic acid etc, but it doesn't seem quite real yet! X

Me too gun the only thing that did it was when the community midwives arranged a mw to call me and she booked me in over phone

Had a very scary day. Woke up feeling like I was bursting for a pee and even when I went my bladder still felt full. Felt like a possible water infection but didn't have any burning when i went. Was meeting friends for lunch but got there and felt awful, sick and faint, so decided to head home (we're about 250 miles from home at the mo, at my parents place). As we walked back to the car I spotted a paramedic and he said there was an NHS drop in centre down the road so we went there and after a long (and very painful!) wait we saw a nurse who took a pee sample. When I went to do the sample I saw I had been bleeding so she prescribed me some antibiotics and told me to stay in bed as much as poss in case the blood may be a mc. So we've abandoned plans to drive home and I'm laid up on my parents sofa (they don't know about pregnancy and are on holiday fortunately!) Bleeding seems to have slowed down and there haven't been any clots but I'm not taking any chances and moving as little as poss. Hope the drugs kick in soon as the bladder pain is horrible. What a performance! Why can't pregnancies be simple?!?! Hope we can travel in the morning as our poor cat will be starving!! X

Oh dear hun I've had water infections in pregnancy and they have really knocked me about drink shit loads of water and cranberry juice to flush bugs away, also a glass of cranberry juice every day pregnant or not reduces chances of getting them . Big hugs and fx for you and LO

Thank you. Trying to flush it through with lots of water. Will keep u posted! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back