Just need some advise

lillyblue

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to all this!!

I have just had my BFP last week after trying for 2 years, I went to my docs and he said I am dure 03rd May, last period 28th June I have used all different calendars and none give me this date, he was so unhelpful and didnt even do a test.

The thing is I was diagnosed with suspected PCOS and I have conceived in the mean time, I have had quite a bit of cramping the last 2 days and cant get in my gp's for another 3 days when I see the midwife.

Any advise!? :?

my midwife gave me a date of 4th april from last period of 28th june (possibly my date!) or 1st may for lmp of 25th july (also possibly my date!)

Thats why I am sure I cant be due 03rd May when my lmp was 28th june! I am going to see the midwife this week so maybe she can help! I feeling like :wall: banding my head against a wall!

Thanks for the reply

Try not to worry about the cramping, most people here will tell you that it's a normal part of early pregnancy and that they went on to have happy healthy babies.

As to your doctor, it may be that he just miscalculated and said May instead of April. However your midwife will do another estimated date and then once you've had your dating scan at around 12 weeks you'll be given a more "accurate" date based on baby's develpment and size.

As for the doc testing, very rarely do docs do a pregnancy test if you've have a positive home test. It's quite normal, if a little frustrating - I always wanted to have someone else tell me so I knew I hadn't just imagined that little line!!

You should have a much better experience with your midwife, they're much better at this than GPs!!!

Your midwife will put you straight hon. But there are loads of calculators online for due date if you use google you'll find one. I did one for you and got 4th April. Your doctor is an arse, so move on and chat to your midwife who will be much more helpful.

Cramping - oh my God cramping can seem so scary, but it is completely fine and important for your body. I had the worst cramping pains ever with my first pregnancy, I was utterly convinced my AF was on the way. It is stretching pains where your uterus is preparing itself for what lies ahead. It has a lot to do in the next 8 months and needs a little warm up.

So all sounds good. Try to relax, I do understand how you must feel after 2 years of trying. But you'll be fine. Plus we are all here to rant at whenever you like :hug:

Becs x

Hi Becs :wave:

Thanks for your post, I have been getting around that date too so like you said I will wait to go and see the midwife which is tomorrow so fingers crossed!

I am happy I am not the only one thinking my AF is round the corner! Least its good to come on here and people actually understand you!!

Thanks for your help

:D

x

Yh i agree the 4 th april :cheer: My lmp was 24th may an my due date is the 28th feb, so theres only 4wks+4 between our periods. Your midwife will help you tomoz and dont worry they will go of your scan and lmp to decide a date :hug:

Hopefully she can!!! and I agree about that date!!

Thanks again though and good luck with your bump!!! :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back