Wife's 4th miscarriage, bloods back but I don't understand

foxhillsteve

Reaction score
Hi apologies but I'm new to this site. My 31 year old wife has just suffered her 4th miscarriage and is heartbroken, thus my search for help. She has just received some results from her GP that on her second day of her period when she had them, she had a FSH level of 5.9 and an LH level of 2.3, I have read somewhere these should be 1:1 but these don't appear to be. She doesn't have an appointment to go back to the miscarriage clinic for 4 months and are unable to go back sooner. She is fit and well, normal tv ultrasound, no history of any other medical conditions. Does anyone have any knowledge if these bloods are off somewhat, as I've tried to read up on the Internet and I'm very confused. If anyone has any advice, I would be most grateful.

I am afraid these tests wont give you an answer, you need much more testing probably at recurrent mc clinic to see whats wrong.
Sorry you have to deal with this, its truly heartbreaking

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Very sorry to hear about your loss you are clearly very Supportive to your wife.

I agree with the above, you need your go to refer you on to the recurrent miscarriage clinic now. They normally do this after your third miscarriage.

There are a lot of women on here who can advise you on referrals to this clinic.

Sorry again it must be devastating for you both.

Gizzy x

Hi and sorry for you loss,

I have suffered 3 miscarriages myself but I am afraid I cannot help interpet the blood results.

If your wife cannot be seen earlier at the miscarriage clinic (I assume she is at the clinic due to your recurrent losses?) then she needs to be book an appointment with her GP so he/she can at least explain the results and advise in the meantime.

Best of luck to you both xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back