• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

:( why is my mum being like that :(

Tasha20

Reaction score
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Me and my mum have never really had a great relationship because of being brought up in domestic violence from IT ( the man you thinks hes got the right to be called a dad!) When I was young there was no support from anyone and she was constantly protecting us from him. so from that we never really got on.

I rang my mum to tell her I am pregnant and heres what she said " I am not going to say congratulations becuase im only 40 I dont want to be a grany yet "
It really upset me after all I have done for her in helping her raise the three little ones from her other relationships and all I get is that?

I know parents arnt perfect but I thought the least she could of done is say congratulations?

Shes really upset me more because of how my partners parents reacted his mum was over the moon and his dad gave me a big hug and said " yes im going to be a grandad!" :cry:

I am sure lots of people are in worst situations and I should be greatfull that I do have some support but its not the same I want my mum to be happy for me.

:cry:

my mum and dad were furious with me at fisrt and that was bout 2 weeks ago, but now they are loving it:) they will come round to it i assure u:)

hi hun, my mum and dad are over the moon but I have had some negative comments from a few people, I appreciate its a lot more painful if its your family however. Whatever the comment and whoever says it it still hurts because you are happy and you want everyone else to be happy for you! Im sure your mum will come round, its a big shock i expect, I assume she didnt know you were trying? My mum was shocked first its just natural. Good luck hun xx

Well to be honest I wasnt trying lol! it came as abit of a shock although I have had a feeling over the past month or so that I was before Idid the test and then it came up positive straight away, I was abit shocked :shock: but my bf had a big smile on his face when he saw the blue cross so ever sinse then I have felt its the right thing.

My mums an awakward cow ( I know i shouldnt really say that but she is!) and very stubborn ( thats were I get it from !) I spose she just didnt expect me to want children after all the hard work of looking after her and the 3 little ones but its happend and I just hope she comes round and just gives me abit of resurance. Im so scared about having a baby becuase I know how much hard work its going to be but then again seeing a new born baby is the most wounderfull feeling in the world :D

Thanks x

littlelady87 said:
my mum and dad were furious with me at fisrt and that was bout 2 weeks ago, but now they are loving it:) they will come round to it i assure u:)

i really hope that my mum does my dad doesnt know and never will ( well not from me, he doesnt deserve to know) I really respect my mum becuase of how she got us through such horrible upsets when me and my sisters were young.

Thanks for yor input and im sure when she sees him/her she will be just excited :)

Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back