No big suprise......

gem44_4

Reaction score
......nasty AF has arrived this morning.

Was due on sunday and since monday have had a small amount of brown discharge :oops: but today is actual blood.

So heres to another month of trying.

We've talked about it tonight and we think that if we are not pregnant by next month we're going to go to see the docs, because then we will have been ttc for a year since the m/c.

Did anyone else find it hard to get pregnant after a m/c?? I was so expecting to be pregnant by now!!

Well, i've bought my boyfriend some multivitamins to take daily this month to see if that helps his little men and i'm going to carry on charting as i found it really useful.

I'm also thinking of taking some of that cough medicine that people seem to be saying is very affective. Does anyone know when's best in your cycle to start taking it?? How many times a day do you take it??

Any advice would be helpful :)

Thanks
Gemxx

Hi i'm still trying to get pregnant again after a m/c in may and i also thought it wouldnt be so hard, AF arrived this mornin for me to :evil:

sorry i dont have any advice i just wanted to say your not alone :)
it is comforting to know i'm not the only one is the situation too :hug:

Thanks. I've only been on this forum for the last couple of months and it is so comforting to know that there are others out there going through the same thing who you can talk to.

My boyfriend thinks it's a great idea to share all our experiences but he did look at me like i'd gone crazy when i said i was going to try taking cough medicine this month. :D

Gemxx

lol, when i read that i must say i was a little shocked too hehehe, its not something i have ever heard of myself but i would be willing to try anything to be honest lol

where did you hear/read this would help?

hi

my gp thinks i had an early m/c in sept and i go tmy af this am too.... i am waiting to see what happens. I know it can take a while anyway but not sure about after m/c

fingers crossed for everyone thise month
:hug:

A few people have mentioned taking cough medicine and have had a BFP that month so thought i'd give it a try (i'm willing to try anything at the minuite).

Apparently it's the cheap own brand medicine containing an ingredient called guaifenesin!!!

Here's a link someone put on the forum about the 'magic medicine'

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... c+medicine

Gemxx

sorry af arrived girls, good luck for next month :hug:

wow that magic medicine sure does sound good stuff! and it was weird readin thru it n realisin that most of those ppl went on to get pregnant after takin it, so i think i will head down asda tonight n get me a bottle, ready for ov this month,
it says to take it four days before and then upto a day or two after to be sure and to take 2 teaspoons 3 times a day.

do ya wanna give it a go together? seein as we're on the same cycle day n all we can both see how it goes together?
are you charting or using OPKs?

Lyn :)

Yeah Lyn it would be great to try this magical medicine together. Like you say we are both on the same cycle day so it will be useful to compare whats happening.

Last cycle was my first time of charting and i'm definately going to continue. Are you charting? When do you think you ovulate?

I've not tried OPKs but i think i might give them a try this month as well. I never thought TTC would be this hard!!

Gemxx

i know what you mean! i really didnt think it wouldbe this difficult, i'm charting this is only the start of my second month, my charts over in the chartstalker thread, i ovulated on day 14 i think last time so hope it will be similar this time. i've never used opks i got them last wk ready for this month trying really giving everything a try this month lol.

didnt make it to asda yesterday but will get some before the end of this week.

have you got yours yet?

Lyn :)

I bought some benelyn chesty cough medicine today as it contains the special ingredient.

My nearest Asda is miles away so don't think i will get a chance to go there, but i might try having a look in my local sainsburys and tesco at their own brands too (want to make sure i'm stocked up with plenty).

Last month i think i ovulated on day 25 (my cycles are about 35 days long!!). It's my day off on thursday so i think i might buy some OPKs to use. Do you know when you have to start using them??

Gem xx :D

hi gem sorry for the slow reply couldnt get near my pc yesterday,
i'm not sure when you start usin opks i think its when your cm changes?

you would be better off askin in the chart stalker thread cos this is my first month tryin them :oops: i'll ask in there later on cos i know some of the girls use them :)

i ordered my medicine to come with my weekly shopping this week, so i should get it tomora, dont need to start takin it for a week yet tho so plenty of time to change it if it isnt right.

my cycles are normally 30 days but since m/c in may they have been so varying doctor thinks it my pcos making things difficult :(

fingers crossed for us this month now we're both armed with magic medicine lol :cheer:

Yeah definately fingers, toes and eyes crossed for this month.

I've worked out that i should start taking the medicine a week on saturday - that gives it a few days to work it's magic before i ovulate.

Having a bit of a down day today. Got some bad news from the bank about a loan me and my oh wanted and we ended up having a bit of a row. I ended up in the bathroom crying for about half an hour :cry: until he came upstairs armed with ice cream and a big hug.

I just kept asking him "when will we get some good luck?" and he promised me everything will be alright. So i've told him i'm holding him to his promise.

Feeling ok now. We've made up and have both eaten half a tub of ice cream. I think i just let the whole ttc get on top of me and the last few months i've held inside how upset i've been about af showing up!!

Gem xx

i am really sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday :hug:
there must of been something in the water, my oh came home from work n said he has as good as lost his job, cos this woman was gettin annoyed with him ignorin her (shes a bitch n has to poke her nose in everythin so i suggested he just ignore her if poss) and has decided to tell the bosses that he is always on his mobile phone, she is dating one of the bosses:( so didnt sleep at all last night.

i asked in the chart stalker thread about opks, n you should start usin them about 5 days before you think you'll ov and not necessarily in the morning until you get a positive n then keep using them til you get a negative... i think lol this is a better explanation lol http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... &start=315

i have to start takin the magic meds and usin the opks this saturday so it has chance to work :)

hope you have a better day today :) :wave:

Had a much better day today. Have been to see the bank and the lady was lovely she said there may be a way to get around sorting the loan out.

Then this evening went to an Ann Summers party with all the girls from work and have just laughed and laughed. It's really done me good.

I bought some of the sainburys own cough medicine today as well so i have 2 bottles to keep me going when i start taking it. It only cost just over a pound!!

Sorry to hear about the trouble your oh is having at work. Its really bad when someone you work with is seeing the boss. I work with a girl who is engaged to the bosses son (she's also one of the many pregnant women i work with) and you really have to watch what you say around her - it always gets back to the boss!! :evil:

Gem xx :D

sorry i havent replied, hubby had hols booked so we've been decorating beenwell busy think ive recycled most of what i owned lol

i'm glad things got better for you last week, i'm still waiting to find out about hubbys job, he had already booked some days holiday so he isnt back until wednesday.

i started takin the magic meds today, i got the one from asda was just over 90p it tastes disgustin and the after kick is like you've just had a shot of whiskey or somethin yuk!! it better work cos its vile stuff lol
its next weekend when you start taking yours isnt it?

i havent noticed any change yet but im guessin it'll take more than a few hours lol!!

did you manage to get any opks ready fopr this cycle too?

tata for now :) lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back