Why do I have to crave the things we can't have?

sarafet

Reaction score
First of all it was an ice cold glass of crisp white wine..

Now it's a can of red bull, my mouths actually watering thinking about it :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

be a devil and have a can then hun
one can wont hurt
ive broken the rules quite a few times and i really push the caffine limit :)
manda xx

:rotfl: i had a can 4 days ago so i reaaally shouldn't :rotfl:

luckily i'm good on the caffeine front :dance:

any new cravings manda hun? xxxx

I'm a real sucker for chips at the moment. Horrible, greasy chip shop chips. Normally hate them but can't get enough at the mo....

Go for it with your red bull!

only the cheese thing still
any type grated, in burgers, crisps im going mad for it
oh and cream soda i love it right now i no i shouldnt as its fizzy but if i crave it i must need it right?
:lol:
manda xx

with my last pregnancy it was anything that was savoury and along the itallian line pizza lasagne spag boll and banana milkshake!!!

This time its the complete opposite im loving anything dairy esp yogurts strawberry milkshake ice cream not so much normal cheese but the stuff we arnt allowed(sooo hard resisting temptation when walking past the cheese at morrisons) and salad and veg

I really wouldn't recommend Red Bull. It's not recommended by MW's at all. If you have a caffeine craving, have a cup of coffee instead. :D

i know debbie, think it's the taurine in it?

it's not a caffeine craving at all, i don't drink caffeine drinks. it's just the actual taste of red bull :rotfl: it's ok, i haven't given into temptation today..

Mine is for cheese... blue cheese... mmm!! Its so difficult for me because I am literally addicted to the stuff!

Yes I think it is the taurine.

I know how you feel though as I really want some peanut butter but won't because of the whole peanut thing - even though it would probably be fine! But, we did find an alternative at the weekend in Holland & Barratt and that was Almond nut butter which is nice :D

DebbieM said:
I know how you feel though as I really want some peanut butter but won't because of the whole peanut thing - even though it would probably be fine!

See I'm in the camp that thinks its rather strange that since the Gov said don't eat peanuts when pregnant, allergy rates have shot up hugely to said lil things :? Other nations don't advise to avoid them, women therefore more likely to eat them, children not all becoming allergic.... :think:

I read some reports that the Gov etc are now having a big rethink on their peanut advice due to studies etc. We are the only country in Europe (that I know of and have read to that effect) to advise pregnant mothers to avoid peanuts. And we have some of, if not the highest allegy rates :think:

Because of all this and after talking to my GP I decided to occasionally indulge in the odd peanutty foodstuff during my pregnancy. I don't actually like peanut butter, nor peanuts on their own but I adore Satay sauce and am partial to the odd Picnic bar etc. So am occasionally indulging.

I understand why others will continue to avoid peanuts however. Every person needs to make their own choice on it.

i eat alot of peanuts sod it i think
ive had choc covered peanuts, a bag of pistatio's and peanut butter on toast quite a bit
but then i dont eat other things like liver tuna and things like that you are ment to aviod
manda xx

manda224 said:
but then i dont eat other things like liver tuna and things like that you are ment to aviod
manda xx

Now those I do avoid also. Vitamin A is well known to cause problems so is best avoided. Liver, pate etc are all off the menu :cry: I love liver! And steak blue... a yum but not for another 6 months :roll: And tuna I only eat in moderation now. Once a month or so. I've been told you can have it, but only if very limited.

I also had a non mercury flu jab this year as I am PG. I have one every year due to asthma and never thought anything of it, but went for one this year but checked up beforehand about it and was told I needed a special one because what's in the normal ones is not good for baby. And even though the risk is minimal, as they have the alternative, I took them up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatima70
Back