• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

why are things never easy?

hayley

Reaction score
i've taken a week off work to do what i can to the nursery and also to go away with DH for a few days...

started off yesterday giving the nursery a good scub.. skirten boards, windows etc! then put the boarder up all on my own (very proud of myself) i then put my glider chair and stool together! was feeling pretty good with myself by now... a bit sore from bending and crawling across the floor.... but i was in a good flow and decided i'd have a go at the crib.. this is where it all goes wrong!!!! started putting the crib together then noticed i was missing a part (i hate that...) so i sent kiddiecare.com an e-mail and decided to leave things till today... this morning no reply from kiddicare.com so i re-sent my mail... being impatient i decided i'd take the partly made crib to the local DIY store and see if they can help... i'm missing the middle suport beam that goes under the base... tried hundreds of ideas... I ended up getting a metal bar (you don't see it and it's stronger than wood anyway - the nice man cut it to size for me too). Whilst I was there l decided to then buy my curtain pole... why is it you can never get the right length... anyway got one that'll do... decided i'd have a go at putting it up as the screws are already in the wall from a previous rail... but the previous people who lived at our house have only gone and knocked the nails into the wall... so those holes are no good... need to get them filled now! just got a reply from kiddiecare.com saying they'll reply within 48 hours.... thats crap! what if my baby was here... bought the bloody thing back in April but didn't think to open and check the parts...

getting the rest of my furniture made up tommorrow - hope there's no missing pieces - so annoying....

also the painter who was supposed to come around yesterday to do some free hand drawings hasn't shown up - aaarrhh why do people let you down...

I'm very impatient if you hadn't noticed - sorry for a such a long one!

x

Don't be daft, no wonder you're feeling peeved off your wanting everything to be perfect for your new arrival!

Here's hoping you don't have anymore missing pieces! :wink:

xx

Hmmm, you've now made me wonder Hayley. I bought the cot on Saturday, but it's flat-packed round my mums. I may go round and check everythings there now!!

I know with my pram from Mothercare, they put my EDD down on the receipt. That way, the 12 month guarantee doesn't start until then, even though I've already had it 3 months. :dance:

Hope everything else starts coming together for you now hun.

thats the thing with flat pack... its not until you decide to make it up that you realise things are missing... theres always something missing when i buy... we had our dining room furniture for weeks before they'd sent out missing screws... so annoying! they wanted someone to sign for them and we both work full time... took a day off in the end for bloody screws... think they thought we'd pinched the first lot....

what pram did you get tankett? mine doesn't come till 3rd july... i can't wait...

i was thinking today about this time last year and how we where all still trying... look at us now! i never thought this day would come when we're ordering nursery furniture and prams...

x

hayley said:
what pram did you get tankett? mine doesn't come till 3rd july... i can't wait...

i was thinking today about this time last year and how we where all still trying... look at us now! i never thought this day would come when we're ordering nursery furniture and prams...

I can't remember!!! I bought it 3 months ago because it was on offer in Mothercare!!! :lol: It's still in the box in MIL's garage because she won't let me bring it home! :roll: All I can remember is that it is black and red!!!

As for the other point you made, I know!! It's great isn't it??? I have a group of friends, and last weekend, we all went to a bbq, one of them is 15 weeks pg, then there is me, and another has a 5 week old daughter after ttc for more than 3 years. This Sunday is our 1st wedding anniversary, and I did comment last week, that if someone would have said that in a years time, 2 of us would be pg, and the other would have a baby, we would all have laughed it off!!!! :lol:

HAPPY FIRST WEDDING ANNIERSARY TANKETT...

HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY! BET YOU KEEP THINKING BACK TO... this time last year we where!!!!!!!

we've got our 2nd one coming up in september DH is going to book us a nite somewhere... but keep it as a suprise! it'll be our first nite away from the baby... how cruel are we! the baby isn't even here yet and where planning a nite away...

x

Thanks Hayley - I kept asking DH if he could remember how bad he felt this time last year!! He was sooooo nervous! :lol:

We had a lovely day thanks, very quiet, but as my back is so bad there was nothing we could do. I was annoyed with him in the morning as he only gave me a card, and then told me that it was our Paper anniversary so this is all I was getting. Then he popped to the shop to get me some milk, and came back with the biggest bouquet I have ever had! :lol: He had rang the florists in the week and ordered them to pick them up Sunday morning as they don't deliver. He had expected to be able to pick them up before I woke up, but LO had other ideas and woke me up at 6am!! Kayleigh spent the day out with her friends, so DH and I spent the whole day together at home (a real rarety). Although we haven't got anywhere to live yet and have no idea when we are moving, I washed all the baby clothes in Saturday to try to get organised. So yesterday, DH cleared out the spare room, and I have sorted out some sort of nursery. The cot is still round my mums, we don't have the rest of the furniture yet, but the clothes are washed and folded and put in drawers of those plastic organisers on wheels. The nappies, wipes, lotions, etc are all on the shelf, the moses basket is on it's stand, and the steriliser, nappy wrapper and baby monitor are all tested and we know how they work. I feel that we have now accomplished something, even though the room isn't decorated and still has DH's weight bench and golf clubs in there!!! :lol:

sounds familiar... golf clubs every where....

glad you got some special time together... we're the same! never get a full day or nite to ourselves.. DH spreads himself too thinly.

your flowers sound gorgeous..

i washed all my baby clothes and towels on sunday too... i've put a few bars of soap between the freshly washed towels to keep them smelling nice...

take some piccies whe you get your nursery finished... are you currenlty looking for another place to live?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back