Had a phone call from the hospital yesterday....

Kerrieanne

Reaction score
And I have an appointment with the consultant on 17th January at 34 weeks. This is a big day for me as it will be decided whether I will be induced at 37wks. Eeek! That's only 5 weeks away!!!

My consultant offers Induction to women who have had fertility treatment and previous miscarrages etc...

I am thinking of having a more natural birth as I would prefer chip to arrive when she is ready. Unless, the consultant convinces me otherwise. Anyone else think induction is a good idea?

Now I'm nervous! Better start buying bits for little Chip.

Bought buggy yesterday and off out buying crib and cot on Monday.

Well i know when they where talking about inducing me i did some reaserch and induction seemed to be in a lot of cases more painful, you can't have a water birth (that i want) and can often be more likley to result in a C section. But i have heard lots of women who where induced and where fine. Personally i was relived that im been left to go to full term and have baby naturally. I don't plan on having many children and want the experience of contractions starting at home, waters braking or whatever.

However im not a doctor and they will know better.

Out of curiosity why do they induce because of fertility treatment or miscarrage?
I wouldn't have thought the baby would be at any more risk by the time you get to 37 weeks.

My consultant is pritty against induction unless overdue because she says she doesn't see the benifit of putting women at extra risk. So i've listened to her but then again some doctors are all for induction!

I hope the doctor can explain better than i can but do what you feel is best, If you feel better induced then go for it but if not don't let them pressure you xx

Thanks redbear I hope to go into labour naturally but will no more by the 17 jan I have alot of questions and won't make a decision lightly, he needs to give me a good reason!

Omg, how exciting! It's great that you Get to see them, they probably know a lot about this. I too would prefer my little girl to come when she's ready, but I will listen to the doctors when that time comes.

Lots of luck hun! I'm sure it will all sort out!!

xx

Thanks redbear I hope to go into labour naturally but will no more by the 17 jan I have alot of questions and won't make a decision lightly, he needs to give me a good reason!

If they have a good reason then obviously they are doctors and know whats best, but if its not what you want and you don't think its a good reason then its up to you at the end of the day. I know at 37+3 if someone offerend me an induction right now i would take it because im in so much pain today and can't walk because of PGP getting worse... so you may be begging for one by the time you get to 37weeks too!! xx

You can have a water birth with an induction as long as you don't need to be continuously monitored, aren't high risk and aren't on the drip. So basically if they give you the gel or pessary and things start kicking off you can have one. :) my midwife told me this AFTER I'd had my lo lol.

I think I would listen to the specific reasons the consultant thinks you should.

I got to my due date and they encouraged induction because oh polyhydrosis (too much water). I was massive and to tell you the truth just wanted him out (plus they said there could be complications if my waters went quickly). If I were in the same situation again I would NOT be induced. But that is my personal opinion. My birthplan had been birthing centre, no pain relief....i actually ended up having the opposite. But don't want to put you off because each case is different and it really does depend on the professional's expert opinion is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back