Whose's baby book?

katey123

Reaction score
Hi, I would really like to hear your feedback on this issue ,
First alittle back ground :

my daughter chose to move in at dad's after a crazy arguement over internet access with me when she was 16, I have had no contact with her other than her demanding her things then last year she demanding all the photos of her as a baby and child, I made copy's for her as I still wanted to keep them myself.

Now she 20 years old and has a 1 year old who I am not even allow to have a photo of ( my first grandchild) and still have no contact with her at all, now her boyfriend phones me she wants her baby book !!!

Now 'her' baby book contains the cord clip, records of firsts steps, words ,haircut , and lots of photo's . It is all the special mothers memories surely it belongs to the mother not the baby as they are not her memories are they?
I am so upset that she is still behaving in this way after all these years I feel I want to keep the book as I will likely never see it again. I would so love to be able to read though it with my daughter and enjoy her company but all I have are the memories , now she wants to take them too .

Thankyou for reading please let me have your feedback , thanks xx

I am sorry to read about your situation. It must be hard :(

Personally, I would keep the baby book. It is your memories that like you said, would be kept and shared with your daughter at a later date.

Is there no way of a reconciliation with your daughter? X

I so wish there was , I believed time would help and maybe when she settled down she'd think differently , but nothing so far and now my grandchild doesn't even know I exist either , thanks for your reply xx

That's really sad. I do hope you can make it up. Life is so short and children grow up so quickly.
I fell out with my mum for nearly a year, I did still make sure that my oh took the kids round for her to see, it's not fair to them otherwise xx

Thanks cos ,what do you think baby book mother's or baby's ?

Keep the baby book hun. X
Hope you can work things out

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

My mum is wanting to give me my baby book. I think it belongs to her until such time as she wants to pass it onto me. The thought of becoming a grandmother for the first time, in our case, has promoted the urge to share.

I would say the book is yours and I don't think your remotely unreasonable for wanting to keep it x

I really feel for you in this situation x

Can you get a new one and full in all the bits and info but you keep the one with the curl etc?

Thank you I really appreciate your comments , I'm glad you don't think i'm being reasonable wanting to hang on to it, it's been very helpful thanks again. xx

thanks for reply pinky, my daughter and I had over the years before spent time reading though it together so she knows the book quite well so I don't think your idea would work unfortunately xx

Well I think on this occasion she needs to compromise. Surely something is better than nothing?

lol, Did you read my first post , she is not ever going to compromise on anything , lol 20 ,selfish and stubborn to the core I'm afraid to say that's my daughter . xx

definately keep it hun its your memories, you made them and recorded them its yours. x

My mum passed away a few days after I found out I was pregnant with my first and my dad is useless at remembering stuff so there's no one to tell me when I first walked, got teeth or even what I was like as I baby. Maybe that's what she wants her baby book for now she's got her own child. I know you have tried everything to build bridges with her but as I know too well life's too short. It's your baby book to keep but maybe you could wrote to her setting out what she was like during the baby years ie first tooth, steps, did she like the bouncer etc. It may help a reconciliation one day and in the meantime will hopefully be something she learns to cherish

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thankyou for taking the time to reply.
I can understand that reason for her wanting her book and dearly I'd love to talk with her about it, and share with her what her birth was like and hear all about my grand child what a brilliant way to break the ice between us but she's just a blank wall to me , I have tried writting to her before ,I think I will give that another go thankyou for that suggestion. I don't know if I can ever get her to understand just how short life is as sadly you know only too well. Best wishes for your future xx

Thanks for your kind words. Your loss must be just ax heartbreaking. I really hope she sees sense soon as a mother's love is too precious to lose. Good luck with her, your pregnancy and new arrival. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back