Whos having a drink at Christmas?

Drinking... at crimbo.. for sure...

Well.. I will have 2 units... (2 very small) glasses of wine on Crimbo day and on NYE also... but with ice in, a few pints of water to also water it down.

Some reports say NO drinkings, some reports say 1 unit a day is ok, some books say 1-2 units, once or twice a week..

Wish I'd tried being tee-total before I got pregnant... the non drinking is the hardest thing for me.... :oops:

Ho hum
x

i hate not being able to go out after work/uni for dinner then drinks.. things lke that, all my friends are going out for a drink after uni today, we usually go out about 5 and end up home about 12 :rotfl:

and OH has promised me a (small) bottle of the best champagne he can find for christmas :)

xxx

OH NO!!! Don't drink when you're pregnant... you end up with a baby like me... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My mum was told to have Guiness every day with me... LOL... and look what happened... hahahahahahah

I will be having a glass of wine at xmas, but I've never been a big drinker so not getting slaughtered won't bother me.. :)

Hmm Il prob have a little Baileys on xmas eve whilst doing the veg - its kind of a tradition and maybe a Snowball on NY eve which is prob absolutely well against the rules - isnt it raw egg in advocat?

Apart from that I wont touch alcohol. Im quite enjoying Teetotalism. It was hard at first and I suffered the friday night pangs as I did like a drink, although drink didnt like me. Im a very, very bad drunk so pregnancy is a god send :D

I'm not a mad drinker, but I don't think I would even consider while PG>

Now I know everything in moderation and all that, but one of the adult patients where i work has foetal alcohol syndrome, and even though, yes, it would be just one, that does always remind me "what could happen".....

(again, it's all personal choice and I'm not advocating anyone do or not do anything, this is just what I see and what I chose not to do :) )

I've got bored with drinking alcohol years ago and hardly ever drink now. I'm the one who has half a glass of red wine when going out for dinner but only has a sip :roll:

I went 2 years without touching a drop, then had a glass of Baileys and then nothing for ages again. I don't miss it. Saves a fortune also. And I find I prefer decent company and convo with friends without the need for a drink. Sure they might have a bit, but none of them get drunk really either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back