Alcohol at Christmas

Freya

Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else planning to have 1 (a small one) glass of wine with their Christmas/New Year Day dinner or am I the only naughty one out there? Have decided that one small one will not hurt on these ocassions. What do you think???

Hi Freya,

It's really hard at this time of year not to have a drink innit?! I bought some non alcoholic rose wine so it feels like i'm being naughty but not! I will be having a glass of Bucks Fizz for my Brekkie on Xmas day but that will be it.

It's fine to have the odd glass just don't get trollied!! :lol:

Merry christmas.

Nicki.x :D

Hi Freya,

I have to admit I will be having a glass with my dinner on Xmas day and Boxing day.

I am sure it will be fine two glasses over two days wont hurt, I also have some non alcholic wine too

Have a good christmas

Sarah
x

When I was pg last time I was partial to a wee half guiness every now and again. It gave me energy and this time round I will do the same. My baby incidently was 9lb 3 and im wee.

I wouldnt like anyone to think Im irresponsible but I dont see the harm in a wee one every now and again.

Bottoms up!

I'll be having a sherry on Christmas Day, and a snowball! I don't think a couple will hurt at this stage, but it's a personal choice :D

I'll be having the traditional - in my family anyway - glass of advocaat on xmas day and possibly half a glass of wine or champers.

New Years is the real killer for me. My OH and I have spent the last few gloriously banjaxed and it's been a lot of fun, but what do we do this year? He was saying he wanted to go out, but I can't really see the point of hanging out with a bunch of drunk people in a sweaty pub while I sip J2Os!!

I'm thinking of suggesting that we have his kids for NYE in hopes that his ex might give us NYE next year when I can enjoy it again - assuming we can get someone to care for our baby daughter ;o)

Hi skidoo,
This nye I will probably go to bed just after 12, sober and be up bright eyed and bushy tailed on the 1st. That will be 2 years sober out the last 12, its not so bad. (i will keep this going like a mantra)

i did buy a mini bottle of wine just for me but I hid it away and now I can't find it!

I will be treating myself to just one glass. yum yum

Hi Ladies

I agree it is a nightmare time of year not to be able to have a drink!!!!! Not that I would change anything, I waited 14 months to get my BFP!!!! However, I used to be the life and soul of the party and the one who was always out the longest etc etc, now at 9pm I am looking forward to getting in bed.

I would normally be out tonight in the pub, although DH is working nights tonight so I kinda have an excuse to stay in, lol!!! However Boxing night everyone is going out and I don't really know whether I am looking forward to it or not - the not drinking doesn't bother me, it's the being out with lots of drunk people that puts me off :x and also I am at the in between stage where my clothes don't properly fit me and so I don't feel the greatest when I do go anywhere and no doubt by midnight, I will be ready to come home!!! I am not even thinking about New Years Eve yet, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When people go on about me not being able to have a drink, (and this happens all the time!!) I find thinking about all you girls and that we are all in the same boat helps.

Merry Christmas everyone :D :D :D

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back