Whos having a drink at Christmas?

Becs

Reaction score
I know it's a while away, and I really don't fancy alcohol right now. But I have decided I am going to have a 1 glass of wine on Christmas Day. Hubbys going to buy a really expensive white wine and I am going to enjoy every sip. I will be in the second trimester ( :pray: ) by then @ 17wks, so I reckon it will be okay to have one.

Anyone else? :D

uhhh that sounds lovely :)

i LOVE wine and am missing it so much, i might ask OH to do the same, that's a great idea, and hopefully would be ok?

I must admit I haven't felt like drinking anything since finding out I've been pg and our family's not very booze orientated so I probably won't bother but from every piece of advice I've read on it, it's fine to have the odd one.

I'm planning on hogging the quality street tin while everyone else is handing round the wine. More than happy :D

I should think it will be okay for us both by then Hon. I'm probably going to have a pint of water at the same time though to water it down a bit in my system.

And I should add to that last post that this little alien has had more than it's fair share of alcohol as I was drinking lots during the first 10 weeks when I had no clue I was pg :oops:

bumpmakes3 said:
I'm planning on hogging the quality street tin while everyone else is handing round the wine. More than happy :D

Now there's a woman after my own heart :D

bumpmakes3 said:
And I should add to that last post that this little alien has had more than it's fair share of alcohol as I was drinking lots during the first 10 weeks when I had no clue I was pg :oops:

i done the exact same :oops: babies even been to the night clubs in glasgow already :rotfl:

i laugh everytime i read about your baby alien now :rotfl:

Hey there!!

No I probs wont indulge I just havent fancied drinking really!!
I will do the same and hog the choccy tin!!!!

xxxx

il prob buy myself one of those tiny bottles of champers for xmas day and endulge in that or if i dont have it then i will save it to see the new year in!(if gunna have a one off drink may as well make it one i like and a little bit expensive for all the lost drinking lol)

I'm tee-total so don't drink anyway but I don't think I would drink anything if I was a drinker.

Not that I'm saying you shouldn't. It's very much down to personal preference :D

Becs said:
I know it's a while away, and I really don't fancy alcohol right now. But I have decided I am going to have a 1 glass of wine on Christmas Day. Hubbys going to buy a really expensive white wine and I am going to enjoy every sip. I will be in the second trimester ( :pray: ) by then @ 17wks, so I reckon it will be okay to have one.

i shall be having more than one! and ill be eating pate and brie galore :moon: nar nar nar nar nar :moon:

:puke: I hate drinking! Yuk! I'm so boring me, just keep quiet in the corner with me lemonade!

I was Tee-total before we were TTC so no change for me. Also our Christmas lucnh is at lunchtime so we have to go back to work after so no drinks are even going to be on offer there!

budge said:
Becs said:

i shall be having more than one! and ill be eating pate and brie galore :moon: nar nar nar nar nar :moon:

*Dribbles at the thought of pate*

Me I'll be having 1 especially since we are getting married on 22nd!!!

Nope, I dont drink when preg. Last xmas I had some FRE red which is nice, the white chardonnay was mingin though. Have drunk once since i had eefie, got a humdinger headache so dont bother anymore except for using red wine to do the gravy for the roast beef

i've had drinks since becoming pregnant - not much mind you.

i didn't drink at all after finding out (at 5 weeks) but have had a glass of wine or champagne (had proper cravings for that!!) on the odd occasion since.

although the government guidelines currently state that you shouldn't drink anything during pregnancy, NICE also announced at the same time that 1.5 units a day was ok - that's a small glass of wine a day. the reason the government won't go with that is that they assume (probably quite rightly) that people are muppets and wouldn't know what 1.5 units is.

i'm not advocating alcohol during pregnancy at all. but IMHO i don't think anyone needs to beat themselves up over the odd glass. i've said here before that i'm just as concerned about the chemicals that we absorb unwittingly on a daily basis - don't know if anyone saw the sarah beeny doc on tv the other day, but one teenage girl was absorbing over 1000 manmade chemicals on a daily basis... :shock:

talking of drinking when pregnant......

ive done exactly same... my babies already been on a pub crawl on holiday in portugal!! i didnt know i was preggo!! :oops:

i cant see one glass of wine doing any harm.... i never drink on xmas day anyway so im lucky... as im the taxi driver for everyone!! :roll:

I'm not too bothered about xmas, it's New Years Eve 2007 that I'm stropping over. Last year we had a wicked time down the pub, this year I will only be on soft drinks.
It's my personal preference that I stay away from even the tiniest amount of alcohol while carrying baby...roll on New Years Eve 2008!!! :twisted:

Im not having any drink over xmas, i didnt drink with any of my other pregnanices so i wont be drinking this time either lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back