Whoops - I guess I ''could'' have died

jennywren

Reaction score
Well pregnancy brain strikes again!!

Last night driving to work and the car starts making a nocking noise, I continue on, it gets worse and steering colum starts shaking. I make it to work, and speak to a guy online who lives near me who said he would come and look at it tommorrow (today) so I drove it home at about 20mph as the noice got so bad and the steering wheel was shaking badly.

I had an emergancy appointment at the dentist this morning which I had to cancel as darent drive there (now ive got to put up with tooth ache, ear ache, head aces etc on my right had side as cant get in for 2.5 weeks) and I got Marco to come to my place.

He took it for a drive and said basically that sounds f***** and may be my drive shaft bent, I nearly cried as thats a hell of a lot of cash to fix. We got out and both noticed at the same time the passanger wheel sticking right out the arch. We took the cover off and 3 bolts were completley loose and only one bolt was holding the wheel on!!!

We managed to sort it and are not sure why they loosened so I need to check it every day, I may need new bolts (or someone tried to steel my wheels and got disturbed) but on Sunday I cam home on the motorway from manchester, if it had come off on the motorway I would have been dead for sure, even if it had of come off going 30mph with it being front wheel, I would have been injured badly and still could have died!!

Im always messing with my car, im very competant with it, and would usually check this as soon as I heard nocking but my pregnancy brain has made me so forgetfull It never crossed my mind to check the bolts!!

Anyway, its only a ''coulda'' story, but non the less, still pretty scaret when I think what ''coulda'' happened!

aww hun glad ur ok and realised what it was in time, many a time alan has been working on the car and not tightened the bolts up when he has dropped the jack,,,cant call it pregnancy brain though lol...just man brain

cassi said:
aww hun glad ur ok and realised what it was in time, many a time alan has been working on the car and not tightened the bolts up when he has dropped the jack,,,cant call it pregnancy brain though lol...just man brain

Thanks hun

Yeh man brain is as bad a pregnancy brain pmsl

We havnt had the wheels of for AGES though so if it was due to them not being tightened by us, the problem would have occured a few months ago, which is why we cant figgure out why its happened!!

oldermum said:
Blimey someone must be smiling down at you :D

Thats what I said to mum, ''god must be looking down on me and LO to stop anything bad happening!

OMG..it must be your lucky day hun! thank god your ok though!
horrible to think of "what ifs"

jennywren said:
cassi said:

Thanks hun

We havnt had the wheels of for AGES though so if it was due to them not being tightened by us, the problem would have occured a few months ago, which is why we cant figgure out why its happened!!

maybe you tightened them on the jack but when you dropped the jack didnt finish tightening them? in that case it would take a while n they would slowly loosen this is what happened to alan a few times he is such a numpty..best one he did was piston in brakes was buggered and alan took them out to sort put the wheel bk on etc planning to roll the car bk into the garage using handbrake..well the muppet completely forgot and drove the car to the garage,,,ended up rolling into next doors garage door :rotfl: muppet

cassi said:
jennywren said:
cassi said:

Thanks hun

maybe you tightened them on the jack but when you dropped the jack didnt finish tightening them? in that case it would take a while n they would slowly loosen this is what happened to alan a few times he is such a numpty..best one he did was piston in brakes was buggered and alan took them out to sort put the wheel bk on etc planning to roll the car bk into the garage using handbrake..well the muppet completely forgot and drove the car to the garage,,,ended up rolling into next doors garage door :rotfl: muppet

yeh well it was my dad who did them last time as I knew I was about a month pregnant so refused to do anything and sat and watching from inside with a cuppa lol, so I have already actually told him he owes me £500 compo for distress caused but he said he aint admitting liability ha ha ha

worth a try though hey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back