who wants to come live on my island? (philosophy alert)

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
It'll be fab.

There will be no taxes, and in fact no money - everything we need will be made/grown/designed etc by our own fair hands. Everyone has a special talent and these will be put to good use, wether thats something as simple as being a good cook, or something as complicated as brain sugery. We will share and trade fairly and peacefully.

Everything organic will be organic, every animal raised for food will have the perfect life and a respectful death.

The entire island will be carbon neutral and the air will be always pure and fresh, as will the water.

The young will get as much respect as the elderly, without having to demand it. They will be taught in flexible hours schools that concentrate on each individual child reaching his/her true potential, and not ruled by statistics and quotas. Politics will have no involvement in our childrens upbringing.

Politics....now theres an interesting one.

This is where I get stuck as in the true nature of democracy and liberalism, who am I to tell you how our island would be run?

Do you think that a society like this needs politics? Leadership? Government?

Im in! And to the last question I beileve that everyones thoughts should be listened to and considered, Instead of thousands of people forced by one government and everything that you're 'everyday' person has to say falling in deaf ears.

Im in love with you're island!!! :D

Cool 8)

But how will we tackle crime, (even utopia has its criminals), how will we decide what is illegal? How will we punish and dissuade things like murder, rape, theft?

Im not mad its just an interesting way of looking at things I think, honest :D

everyone that enters has to be police checked. Have guards all the way around to keep out illigal immigrants...make our own police force with laws that actually stay....so if you rape you actually go to prison :roll:

glitzyglamgirl said:
It'll be fab.

There will be no taxes, and in fact no money - everything we need will be made/grown/designed etc by our own fair hands. Everyone has a special talent and these will be put to good use, wether thats something as simple as being a good cook, or something as complicated as brain sugery. We will share and trade fairly and peacefully.

Everything organic will be organic, every animal raised for food will have the perfect life and a respectful death.

The entire island will be carbon neutral and the air will be always pure and fresh, as will the water.

The young will get as much respect as the elderly, without having to demand it. They will be taught in flexible hours schools that concentrate on each individual child reaching his/her true potential, and not ruled by statistics and quotas. Politics will have no involvement in our childrens upbringing.

Politics....now theres an interesting one.

This is where I get stuck as in the true nature of democracy and liberalism, who am I to tell you how our island would be run?

Do you think that a society like this needs politics? Leadership? Government?

every society needs leadership and some sort of governement otherwise you will always get chaos and unfairness.
The governemnt on the island should make sure EVERYONE works and does there fair share. There should be no lay abouts who let everyone do the work yet reap the benefits. Even disabled people should be given a task based on their individual ability.
The island should be based on Equality for ALL :pray:Not special privilidges for selected few .

cassi said:
everyone that enters has to be police checked. Have guards all the way around to keep out illigal immigrants...make our own police force with laws that actually stay....so if you rape you actually go to prison :roll:

Fab idea, i'll pack my bags tonight :D

If someone commits a crime they get deported, simple as that. You break the rules then you obviously have no respect so sling your hook & leave the rest of us in peace!!

nicki said:
cassi said:

If someone commits a crime they get deported, simple as that. You break the rules then you obviously have no respect so sling your hook & leave the rest of us in peace!!

deported where?

i say rapist paedophiles and murderers get taken to the middle of the ocean and dumped to feed the sharks.

budge said:
nicki said:
cassi said:

deported where?

i say rapist paedophiles and murderers get taken to the middle of the ocean and dumped to feed the sharks.

All sounds good to me!

Although.....isnt it funny how the idea of utopia breaks down as soon as you start to talk about crime - proving perhaps that utopia is impossible?

glitzyglamgirl said:
budge said:
nicki said:
cassi said:

deported where?

All sounds good to me!

Although.....isnt it funny how the idea of utopia breaks down as soon as you start to talk about crime - proving perhaps that utopia is impossible?

of course it is.
we will always have the freaks of society raping women and children.

can women who are tcc'ing be entitled to some kind of allowance? If so..I'll join the Island :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back