Who has braved the supermarket yet?

I went to Asda yesterday at 10.30 and I can honestly say I'm not going near another shop now till after Christmas. It was packed, I couldn't even find the end of the queues, it was that busy when we finally got in a queue the staff were walking round offering round the Quality street.

kellie80 said:
I went to Asda yesterday at 10.30 and I can honestly say I'm not going near another shop now till after Christmas. It was packed, I couldn't even find the end of the queues, it was that busy when we finally got in a queue the staff were walking round offering round the Quality street.

and thats why I shop at Asda :wink: Christmas choccies

how do you all shop so early - and keep salad and veg fresh? I'm going tomorrow and the way not to get stressed is just to accept its going to take hours :roll:

libs said:
kellie80 said:

how do you all shop so early - and keep salad and veg fresh? I'm going tomorrow and the way not to get stressed is just to accept its going to take hours :roll:

and have sex apparently :wink:

libs said:
kellie80 said:

were going to the shops round here for salad and veg etc

aaahh well Asda is my shop round here - our local shops don't do fruit and veg

I'd rather be stressed than wandering round postcoital - how do you concentrate on sprouts whilst you're thinking of that :think:

we went to asda last nite after we'd been out, it was about 4.30am or 5ish. it was almost empty but we werent doing a sensible shop we were buying pepsi and chocolate! lol

just got in from Sainsburys, it helps that i work there so all my mates help me with controllin Jam and helpin me pack lol :lol:

Jam was passed round all the managers while i packed and chatted, i love doin my shoppin now but im def not done for xmas!!!! :shock:

It was an absolute nightmare in tescos this morning. I was so pleased to get out of the shop!
Good luck to everyone else who still has it to do.

Xxx

lou said:
libs said:
kellie80 said:

and have sex apparently :wink:

Its true! I went to Sainsburys this morning and had NOT had sex, it was horrendous! :lol:

Well i was going to go this morning, but OH had a flash of inspiration and we have decided on stupid o'clock tonight when kids are in bed, that way i will only be growling at OH and not Emily and Jack :lol:

My mum looking after kids BTW not leaving them on own!

just sent OH off to Tesco - figured it would be a nightmare in there what with it being packed and taking the pushchair so I get to stay in with Cara - what a shame! :D

lou said:
We did our shopping today,,,,no not (smug look like woman from insurance advert) online. We actually went to Tesco's :shock: I know I know I'm still coming to terms with it myself. Walking around with a manky trolley, with all the old people shuffling and people with kids and women with their fat ass OH's tagging behind them at a snails pace leaning all over the trolley and looking like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

It was hell. If you haven't already been I'd say go tonight at 3am.

I'm all tesco'ed out :dance: I have tatties, brussels, mince pies, and more wrapping paper than you could shake a stick at :dance:

i went and it was a breeze.

I went to Asda this afternoon and it was hell, mainly due to my OH :x
He has no patience for shopping and just moaned all the way around and made a big thing about how much it was costing everytime I picked something up. We're having his parents round on xmas day, what am I supposed to feed them? Dust?! :x
The shop was packed and had the usual, people blocking aisles with their trolleys, groups of old ladies hanging around chatting in front of the shelf you're trying to get to, OH get very angry with people in supermarkets, he's been known to fling people's trolleys across the aisles before :roll:
Unfortunately I had to take him cos I can't drive and I struggle pushing the trolley on my own
To make matters worse I'm working in Somerfield tomorrow 8am-4pm :cry: I hate supermarkets!

We'll be in and out of Asda by 7am tomorrow - only way I can do it and stay sane! Then we'll go to the farm shop at 9am (when it opens) for our veg and up to the butchers - then I think we're all set!

Xxx

I went to Iceland yesterday (Friday) and our Iceland is only quite small so on a good day I can just about get round with the pram and a basket, and the aisles can only really take 1 pram or 1 trolley width wise. The queues were up all the aisles, people parked thier trolleys in the middle of the aisles... it was absolutely awful. I only spent £17.50 because I had just got too pissed off and I wanted out.

I went to Aldi (5 minutes walk) twice today and even though they don't have baskets, I got everything else I needed and walked straight to the front of the till (no customers). It wasn't particularly busy or quiet, it was just normal. Apparently the big retail park was dead too - everyone did the shopping on Friday as they thought it would be rammed on Saturday, and then there was no-one shopping Saturday.

Argh.

So all I have left to get on Monday is a lettuce and some fruit, but I'll do that from the fruit shop, or if it's closed I'll go to the Co-op in town. That's the plus side about living in town centre - if it's too busy I can walk home in 5 minutes and go out later on when it's quieter. Also need chocolates too actually so I'll probly Co-op or Woolworths that, whereever is quieter.

I went to asda this morning with my parents (DH is at work) and all i can say is OMG! I knew it would be bad but didnt realise it would be this bad!

We got there for 10 and the car park was full, people where queing to get in and there where no trollies! (we got he last 2)!

I did get everything i needed, we didnt need a lot as we are at mums for xmas dinner.

Im so glad i didnt have the girls with me (DH's grandparents had them) i think i would have walked out!

Thats it for me now, what i haven't got is tuff cos im not going out again :rotfl:

we went 2 sainsburys today and it was a bit chaotic! we hav a sainsburys and an asda, and sainsburys is always much quieter and less stressful so god knows what it mustve been like in asda!
the car parks were full, people had parked all down the nearby roads :shock: but we were lucky we got a baby space and trolley as someone left.
i dont understand why the shops are so crowded- its not like theres a nuclear war :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back