Who has braved the supermarket yet?

Lou

Reaction score
We did our shopping today,,,,no not (smug look like woman from insurance advert) online. We actually went to Tesco's :shock: I know I know I'm still coming to terms with it myself. Walking around with a manky trolley, with all the old people shuffling and people with kids and women with their fat ass OH's tagging behind them at a snails pace leaning all over the trolley and looking like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

It was hell. If you haven't already been I'd say go tonight at 3am.

I'm all tesco'ed out :dance: I have tatties, brussels, mince pies, and more wrapping paper than you could shake a stick at :dance:

We braved Sainsbos last nt - was quite quiet butthe shocker was how much our bill came to as we got xma pressies too!!

we did the big christmas shop yesterday at asda.
we were going to do it online but the only available slots left were 27th december lol
we went at 9.30am, we thought it would be quiet with everyone just getting to work and kids still at school but it was heaving.

but we got everything, but weve to nip back on monday just to get fresh salad and veg.

we were going to go at night time about 10pm but i used to work at tesco and by that time, everything had gone :think:

Oh yes i went to tescos this morning. It was rammed. Couldnt get a space to start with then had to trapse round the car park to get me a trolley as well.

I agree it was hell. I got everything i need to last me for over christmas, so i aint going near tescos again this side of christmas. Will pop to me local shop for milk etc.

Bloody roads were horrendous and some bloody twat nearly smacked into me on an island cus he was in the wrong lane :x

Can you tell i love this time of year :lol:

Yeah it weird. Its like everyone is in a real rush to do everything almost like a panic. Its mad. I must admit nobody really pee'd me off in Tesco's. My OH annoyed me trying to rush me so I'd spend less :roll: and yep, just realised I forgot milk :doh: What a prat!

Im going to asda with my mum and dad on sunday morning :shock:

DH's grandparents are coming to get the girls for a couple of hours so at least i dont have them to worry about!

i went tesco's on monday and it was horrendous. we didnt buy freezer stuff just cupboard stuff and a about £30 worth of drink for new yrs party. there was that many ppl i cudnt be arsed to look for the bargains or best prices and when i got to the till it was £170 and i only filled up 3 cupboards of stuff!!! i then went iceland and spent £50 on freezer stuff, i hate xmas!!! :wall:

my mum isnt goin til xmas eve she must be mental!!!!

xxxxx

Well I am officially lazy and did an online Sainsburys shop but I am working all the way to Sunday so I believe I can be excused :wink:

I got our main shopping from asda online but still popped over for a couple of bits this morning and it was soooo busy! Why do they insist on putting all the veg in the doorway too? :think: :wall: Could hardly get in and out! :x

But that's it now! No more shopping left to do! :cheer:

My mum n dad are going at 4am tomorrow - their mad but thinking bout it, people were queing to actaually park at my local tescos today! crazy!

Tesco's has just delivered mine, after working 15 years in retail I can't bear to go anywhere near a shop between 21/12 and 3/1 :lol:

I did a big Tesco shop on Wednesday morning straight from school it was really empty.
I'm not doing Christmas dinner, going to my moms so I just needed to stock up on stuff, I will get smaller stuff as and when I need it from the local shop.

I still spent a fortune though.... just stuff like extra tea bags and washing powder and nappies, all the stuff you don't wanna run out of.

I went to Iceland to do mine and got everything I wanted no problems,

My menu for me and tommo is -

Beef
Roast potatoes
Roast vegetables (parsnip,carrot,corgette,cubed spuds)yum
Creamed mash
peas and carrots
and homemade yorkshire pudding
pigs in blankets

And cheese cake and choc gateux for desert with fresh cream

kirlykird said:
Well I am officially lazy and did an online Sainsburys shop but I am working all the way to Sunday so I believe I can be excused :wink:

I tried to but all Tescos and Sainsbury's slots were taken.

Something very strange happened yesterday. I went to Tesco's, it was ridiculously busy - as if the world was about to end, but somehow I stayed completely calm, even when I was picking some chocolates from a low shelf and an old man drove his trolley into my head (he didnt even apologise), I didnt flip out, I didnt even make a loud sarcastic comment like I usually would.

Then it took me 40 minutes to get out of the car park. I didnt stress at all. I let cars out before me and just sat there smiling to myself. I found it quite hard to believe myself as I always get trolley rage when shopping.

But I have now discovered the key to stress free shopping = Sex before hand! It leaves you completely with a feeling of serenity (If it was satisfying of course!). I tried the same technique again tonight and it worked! My OH and me didnt argue at all like we usually do. I think its only right that we do this every time we need food. :lol:

We've just got in from Asda, wasnt as bad as I expected it to be to be honest although we spent a fortune (£175) and still not finished as we had to stop at frozen cos we didnt have anymore room in trolley :oops:

Cupboards are crammed and got loads of nice stuff in tho now :D

I am getting LO ready so we can go this morning while DH goes to the sauna off nights, I think something has gone wrong there :?

Xxx

i done it yesterday it was awful :evil:
was in asda by 7am and the car park was already nearly full :evil:
took me till 9 to get what i needed
then went to somerfield mid morning looking for turkey tin that i couldnt get in asda spent another 30 quid still no tin :(
then went to sainsburys at 4 spent another 30 quid still no tin :(
so at the moment have nothing to cook turkey in grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
hope everyone has better luck than me xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27