• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who did actually wait until 6 months to start weaning?

We waited...and if it hadn't been for the BLW advice I got on this forum, we'd probably STILL be waiting! My LO didn't like anything from a spoon until she was getting on for 8 months old- she was very happy to have a go at eating broccoli florets and bread sticks though!

I did. I'd have felt rubbish if she had IBS or allergies in later life just because I didn't want to wait a couple of months. I have IBS and it's not fun.

kalia said:
just because I didn't want to wait a couple of months.

I don't think anyone has said they weaned because they didn't want to wait! It's much more hassle giving her solid food then it ever was just giving her milk, i'd have preferred to have waited but she was desperate for food.

I would have waited but Layla had reflux and was such a hungry baby so I was advised by my Dr to start weaning her at 4 months. We did it very slowly though and she wasn't particularly interested until about 5 months when I started introducing pureed sweet potatoes etc.

I did... he was happy on milk and not waking in the night, so I saw no need to wean him before. I didn't leave it later though incase we had problems getting him to eat solids,

Lisa x

I waited with Emily!! it was actually more like 7 months before she was weaned! She was just soo small and tiny,. i really felt weaning her was unnessery till it 'felt' right.

Hannah was a different story tho, she was very big born, fed ALL the time, was moved to 'hungerier' and could easily polish off 2 bottles one after another. She needed food, so i put her on baby rice at about 14-15 weeks, then rusks and porrige. She didnt get propper food till she was 6 months tho.

I have first hand experience on how different children can be, i have no regrets and done what i thought was right at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back