White Spirit

ASD123456

Reaction score
Right this is weird and dangerous but there's a bottle of white spirit in the cupboard and it is taking every ounce of strength that I have not to get it out and sniff it :?

I just can't get enough of the smell of chemicals at the moment, anything toxic smelling and I love it. I even found myself enjoying the smell of the disinfectant they clean smelly public toilets with the other day.

I want to sniff the white spirit!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Would it really be that bad?

Alex xx

Do you know what i am so happy to read this thread!!! it means i am NOT the only one! :D :D :D

I am drawn to chemicals at the mo. cannot get enough of antiseptic disinfectant i buy atleast 2 bottles a week and the smell of petrol is enough to drive me wild.

Cleaning the house is great fun with the toilet duck smell wafting through the bathroom! :lol:

I try not to sniff things because i dont want to do myself or my baby any harm but i like the smell they leave once ive finished cleaning!

I'd not.

Simply as its a harsh chemical and while it probably won't do any harm having a one off sniff at this point its better to just leave that kind of stuff alone.

Reading online info and case studies etc tells me inhaling chemicals (including white spirit) in first tri when baby is forming is linked to possible birth defects and so on. As are having parents working with chemicals prior to conception. Its a whole can of worms that is hard to unravel without in depth reading. TBH though, these studies have been well documented over the years. Its often covered in the media in some shape or form.

I've avoided most harsh products since being PG tbh. I only use bleach occasionally anyways and always open windows and leave the room now while its in use.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to stay away and use some self control. As you say Sherlok it'll open a whole can of worms and I won't stop. Why couldn't I get a craving for chocolate or something :wall: :wall: :wall:

Alex xxx

i love the smell of white spirit

we bought some injector cleaner for the car the other day and i couldnt resist taking the top off the bottle and having a good sniff :shock: i love petrol as well mmmmmmmmm

My OH was painting yesterday and he smelled of white spirit afterwards. He wondered why I was snuggling up to him so much!! :lol:
The smell of windolene is also delicious!!!!! :D

I still haven't but I really really would like to. I know I'll never stop if I start. I'm glad it's quite a common pregnancy occurance. Today I'd like to smell wood varnish- like the stuff you paint garden fences with. Unfortunaley I don't have a garden and therefore a fence so no wod varnish for me........ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back