Whinge... being ill and pregnant SUCKS!

daftscotslass

Reaction score
Just feeling in need of a hormonal whinge. I was hoping at the weekend that I was just sneezing having been dusting and cleaning. Yesterday I woke up with a full blown cold but decided to go to work anyway. Decided that I wasn't going in today - chances are my boss would have driven me straight home with a lecture as she's lovely.

Last night was a nightmare - I was roasting hot, sweating and freezing cold at the same time. Feels like the worst man-cold (can't say it's flu, I've had flu before and it was worse than this!) ever. Add to that baby squishes my lungs when I'm lying down but is still moving around happily, keeping me smiling. Am I right in saying I can take paracetamol?

To top it all off my local GPs have cocked up my MAT B1 form - they have no record of my re-adjusted due date (WHY did the NHS spend millions on a computer system that thinks I'm one person at the hospital and another at home?) so I have to make an appointment to show them proof I'm 29 weeks and not 18. Routine appointments can take up to 2 weeks wait. AARGH!

I desperately want to go to an important meeting at work tomorrow afternoon and know that I won't have to but I want to. I feel guilty not being there but not because I'm made to feel it, it's just me being silly!

And I don't even have any chocolate in the house. :wall:

/endrant

argh just posted a nice long reply and internet crashed. grrr

Anyhoo - I can sympathise as I also have a rather nasty cold (not the flu, but I would say it feels like man flu :lol: )

You can take paracetamol, so get some down you, not that it will do any good.
I get so annoyed with all these "effective" cold remedies that we can't take. Surely us pregnant women need cold remedies more than 'normal' people :shakehead: :lol:

Poor you daftscotslass! :hug:

That really is a spectacular example of incompetence on your MAT B1 form... can they really not see you're 11 weeks further on than they have a record of? Eejits! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back