Which would you choose?

Oh a tricky one :think:
Before I got my dog I used to think predigrees were so expensive. Now though I would pay thousands for my dog, she's the best :D
It will cost you lots in vets bill, injections, insurance and about 10-15 years commitment.

Or a lovely relaxing holiday..................tricky hun!
Holiday sounds good but would I swap my dog for 2 weeks in the sun. A big no.

Sorry I have been no help!

they look sooooooooooooo cute, i would say pug, but then for future holidays would you have someone to look after it, so maybe holiday first then save again and get a pug, god i wish i could save :roll:

I said holiday! lol
I need one and I already have a dog so I had too hee hee

Why don't you spend the money on a holiday then get a rescue dog when you get home? There are lots of dogs desperate for a good loving home so theres no need to pay a breeder shite loads of money just for a certain breed. Dogs aren't for show so who cares what breed you have or how much it costs?

:D

To echo Lou, rescue's the way to go :D

If you google pug rescue you will be able to find a pug specific group, if that is the breed you set your heart on, you may have to go on a waiting list and you will have to have a home check, but it will be worthwhile in the end :D

I think Pug's are ugly(sorry :oops: just my opinion) so I have picked the Holiday. If you get a cheaper dog though then you could have both but if you have your heart set on a Pug you could maybe get one and then just go on a weekend break somewhere.

Gemma & Jake said:
I think Pug's are ugly(sorry :oops: just my opinion) so I have picked the Holiday.

:rotfl: nah pugs are far too ugly, go on holiday :rotfl:

And I thought I was upfront :rotfl:

Gemma & Jake said:
I think Pug's are ugly(sorry :oops: just my opinion) so I have picked the Holiday. If you got a cheaper dog then you could have both but if you have your hearty set on a Pug you could maybe get it and then just go on a weekend break somewhere.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I agree... again my opinion.. but then I like these cats:
cailio%20van.jpg

So each to his own

Go for the holiday and have a really relaxing time and come home and give a rescue dog a home... you will feel much happier with a rescue dog knowing that you have given it a better life.

You can have both :) As others have said Pug Rescue will probably be able to point you in the right direction.

Or you can get the pup and still have £300 to take a mini break away with.

I'd be inclined to go with the Pug rescue as I am a great believer in giving older dogs a home. You can get anything from 6 months to old age from breed rescues.

Also, I'm sure you are aware about the Pug breed but I'll just mention it in case. Do you know about the defects pugs can have? There are a few that are known in the breed and can be costly if your puppy turns out to have any of them. Often getting an older dog, even a year or 18 months old you can see if some of these defects have passed the animal by.

Wiki has some good info on the breathing and temp regulating problems they tend to suffer from (they cannot go out in warm/hot weather as are unable to regulate their body temp) along with other things

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pug

Also the facial creases may well need special care on a regular basis. All snub/flat nosed breeds tend to need this to some degree. Often means Vasaline or some such being applied to stop them getting sore. And regular cleaning of them.

Having said all that, they are great characters and make wonderful pets, but are somewhat limited in warmer weather and so on.

Squiglet said:
Gemma & Jake said:
I think Pug's are ugly(sorry :oops: just my opinion) so I have picked the Holiday. If you got a cheaper dog then you could have both but if you have your hearty set on a Pug you could maybe get it and then just go on a weekend break somewhere.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I agree... again my opinion.. but then I like these cats:
cailio%20van.jpg

So each to his own

Go for the holiday and have a really relaxing time and come home and give a rescue dog a home... you will feel much happier with a rescue dog knowing that you have given it a better life.

You and your bald pussy fetish :roll:

lou said:

I'm not any different than most men... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Also Klee... if you go away on a relaxing holiday... you may just come back with something else that will require lots of love in the future :wink: :pray:

lou said:
Squiglet said:
Gemma & Jake said:

cailio%20van.jpg

So each to his own

"Bald pussy fetish"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ohhhhhh it would be great to come home to that...so much better than a dog lol

I'm going to look up pug rescue anyhow and see if there is any here in Belfast.

klee1988 said:
ohhhhhh it would be great to come home to that...so much better than a dog lol

I'm going to look up pug rescue anyhow and see if there is any here in Belfast.

yay! :dance:

I don't like dog breeders :shakehead: my mum once bought a lhasa apso that was lovely but very inbred and a bit :moon: wacko :roll: Max his name was, bless he was so cute but mad as a box of frogs :)

Squiglet said:
Gemma & Jake said:

cailio%20van.jpg

So each to his own

Now that is what I call ugly :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Well I suppose someone has got to love them :rotfl:

That baldy cat hasn't even got any whiskers! I thought cats needed their whiskers? :think: I always leave a couple of stragglers when I shave my pussy, don't you squig? :think:

lou said:
That baldy cat hasn't even got any whiskers! I thought cats needed their whiskers? :think: I always leave a couple of stragglers when I shave my pussy, don't you squig? :think:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'd take the holiday. I would be very wary about spending £700 on a dog that isn't KC-registered and has no mention of health checks (for hereditary diseases etc). I would be afraid to be out of pocket £700 and then have to spend more on vet bills for poor health.

Just my opinion though. And man that is one bald cat :shock:

I would go on holiday, but then again I don't like dogs :roll:
Seriously though, I wouldn't spend £1000 on a dog or any pet, especially when there are lots that need homes in animal shelters etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back