Which Thermometer to buy???

Anna B

Reaction score
OK, not chrting this month, first month got us preggy last time, hoping for the same this time :pray:

BUT, I still want to get e decent thermometer ready in case AF does come (and lets face it, I'm not likely to be that lucky twice in a row!!).
I have been looking at Boots online, and don't really know which one to go for, none say if they measure to any particular degree of accuracy (there is one that come with a fertility calendar, but I'd rather not pay the extra for that if I can help it as I'll be using FF).

Any ideas which might be best?

if you look on ebay for fertility thermometer you'll find loads of good ones, I got mine for a fiver with a free chart and HPT test.

Bascially your looking for one that measure to 2 degrees, ie 95.34 to get your accurate readings, and one that is used orally.

Good luck! :hug:

My thermometer actually said "For accurate family planning" right on the box. (Which was good bc I spend about an hour wondering the aisles of the stores before I saw that.) I don't know if it's cheaper to buy online or run to the local pharmacy or drug store and buy one there.
Best of luck!

OK, I admit it, couldn't wait for ebay (echeques take sooo long) and so went to Boots. Ended up buying the one I said I didn't want to!!! It was the only one that I could be sure measured to the right accuracy (though I suspect the Braun one I looked at would have too, as it said 'proffessional accuracy' on the package) so now I have a funky pouch and paper charts too, will be useful to write temps on so I don't forget them I suppose :dance:

If AF arrives next week I'm very tempted to get a thermometre too. I don't even know if i'M OV'ing as I didn't get a positive opk. At least temping will give me a better idea....and I can stop spending money on sticks!

Anna - I've started using that same thermometer for the first time this cycle, it is really handy to have it all in that pouch and the book explains how to do things really well, i was a bit obsessed at first and took my two girls and my oh temp!!!, It is really good because you can see whether you have ov or not :)

Oh dear, you were obssesed!! Did they show temp rises when you OVed too??!! :rotfl:

yes it did, was doing the opk's so that gave me a positive result and two days later my temp went up and is still up now, got 6 days until testing!!!!!, it's great when the temp stays up, not sure how i'll be if or when it falls?!?!?!? :?

Hehe, I ment your familys temps, but thats great news!!! Heres hoping for your temp to stay high!! :dance:

ooops :oops: I don't know, the girls won't let me do it to them anymore and my oh has stayed the same, plus its always lower then mine!!!

excellent MM, :clap: thats a fantastic price, the one from boots - which i have - come with cool pouch with poppers!!! and a whole book of charts and instructions.

We can help each other and compare our temps!!!

well if things have work on the same month we'd be due the same month too!!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back