Whhoooops!

AugustMum

Reaction score
I may have accidentally had a session at pixifoto today and spent a little tooooo much money :blush:

Ive got a montage thing on a frame thats 20in x 30in and another thats 20in x 20in. :shock: I dont even have my own house to put them in!!!

Whoops! Anyone else got carried away lol

When Tegan was 4 weeks old i took her to have some taken as i had a voucher for a free sitting, i was not going to buy any just get the free one well £146 later i had bought all the pictures Oops! OH thinks my mum paid half If not he'd kill me! x

Haha. I went to a permanant studio where they offer you all the composites and frames ect and oh my. The first lot of photos they showed me were £750!! I was like whooooaa.

I did end up spending about (I say about but I know it is!) double what you did. I feel so guilty but at the same time....I totally dont lol. If our babies werent so cute this wouldnt be an issue!!!

I got lacey's pic's taken at 3 months and on her 1st birthday. They were gorgeous pic's but cost £200!! I said I won't get Charley done but mum thinks that's unfair so I'm thinking about getting some pro ones done of charley and lace for mum's 60th this year!!
It is a fab idea but so pricey!

I just remembered I had a voucher for 10% off :wall: Im such a pillock!! Ah well...Its an excuse to get more in a few months lol.

Ive done one big photo thing for Paige now as shes sitting up and looking all cute but probably wont do a splurge like that again, so if I have another Ill probably do the same around the same age. Someone I know went nuts on their little girl with photos but have had hardly any with their new baby. I feel bad for the new baby lol. But your right...its crazy prices. Although cheaper than Venture. Youll be likely to spend about £2000 if you go there :shock:

I've got another voucher for when she's 6 months old OH said Im Not taking her again lets just wait and see lol! x

I havent gotten them done purely because I know I'll spend way way to much . Really want to though :(

If you can, its worth going to a permanant studio rather than the ones that go to the shops. Well, I suppose if youre trying not to spend too much it might be better to go to the movable ones lol. I think with the next voucher Ill go to one in the shop so I dont spend much, probably just get the free one.

But they do loooaaaddsss of photos at the permanant ones, I had to ask them to stop as Paige was getting upset lol. Then do funky things to them and edit them ect. I didnt realise I could ask for them on a disc (they keep it quiet) so might see how much it is when I pick them up :)

I don't think i've got a permanent studio near me!

If youve got a big mothercare near you then thats where they are. I went on the pixifoto site and put my postcode in. It tells you when the next portable studio is coming and where its going to be and also tells you where the permanant ones are. I now get texts to my phone when a studio is going to boots or something :blush: I dont always go though I swear lol.

I got lacey's pic's taken at 3 months and on her 1st birthday. They were gorgeous pic's but cost £200!! I said I won't get Charley done but mum thinks that's unfair so I'm thinking about getting some pro ones done of charley and lace for mum's 60th this year!!
It is a fab idea but so pricey!

we got a family portrait done for my mil 60th and she loves it its of us the kids her and her other son and his wife and then i got some done of just us as a family i pain alotfor them and this is 1 of the reasons that id like to become a photographer just so i could do my own and not pay out rediculous amounts i hope when i do become i can maybe charge less than what the top of the range photographers do because beautiful images shouldnt cost the earth

Midnight, Im in the last few months of my photography degree and it doesnt stop me spending shed loads on photos....:blush:

i got some done through cherubs - you pay £25 and you get 3 free sessions and 3 pics (one from each). I could go mad but we have got the free one plus ordered the cutest one there (it took some choosing) and a pic of H holding my finger and his feet - as we've been saving the hooks on the stairs for these photos!!

My best friend is a photographer so I can get them for free :). but seen some ultra expensive ones. X

we got them done through our local playgroup so it was like a school photo. she took 7 photos and we chose our favourite then paid £29 for a pack of 2 large, 2 medium, 6 small and 8 wallet size plus they emailed me the photo and the rights to reprint. Needless to say everyone got one in their christmas cards this year! :yay: see if your local school will give you the numbef of the photographer they use and then ring them and ask if you can pop into one of their sessions locally. sooooo much cheaper and its a really good photo.

Fab idea! Although at her nursery I think they have them done twice a year so might wait for those. These were BIG photos though, that are all framed so I dont mind so much.

yeah i bet yours are so gorgeous! you dont get as many options with the school photo ones but I just keep think that i could get the pic framed when we've got a bit more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back