Where have you breastfed?

loz

Reaction score
I had to feed Emms in the Drs surgery today with about 8 people sitting in the reception area - I wasnt embarrassed at all! :D

Where have you breastfed in public?

Cafe's, restraunts, park, the zoo and a popular one is back of the car :lol: just had to do that on my way home... again!!!

in the car
in a restaurant whilst eating dinner
in numerous pubs :lol: 8)
on a train
oh, and at my breastfeeding clinic/cafe

i'll feed wherever i am whenever connor is hungry and :evil: :evil: to anyone who tries to stop me!

:D :D

those of you who've fed in restaurants...

what sort of looks did you get? did people notice or not? i so want to go out for dinner but think i need a bit more confidence yet.

Pretty much everywhere, there's nowhere that I wouldn't do it! Buses, cafes/restaurants, doctor's office, people's houses, shops.

But I think the most uncomfortable was standing up on a train because there were no seats - that was a bit of a challenge.

heles7 said:

what sort of looks did you get? did people notice or not? i so want to go out for dinner but think i need a bit more confidence yet.

People have always been fine when we've been in restraunts, people do notice cos they automatically look when theres a baby but nobodys ever said a word most just smile or look away.

This probably sounds daft but i practised in a mirror when i first had ellie so that i could feed discreetly when out and feel comfortable to do it anywhere :)

The most embarrassing place was in a pub at lunch time when he was about 10 months old - I got a lot of funny looks but I think it's because he was so big. I've also breastfed in Tesco, in the library, in restaurants - and the docs reception! It was the only way to calm him down after his first jabs.

I was a pretty discreet breastfeeder so when I fed in restaurants I just did it at the table (after checking with those either side of me to be polite :wink: ) and noone seemed to even notice let alone comment. Once he got bigger and started looking around every 2 seconds I just brought EBM or formula with me & warmed it up as it was easier!

-Kelly- said:
But I think the most uncomfortable was standing up on a train because there were no seats - that was a bit of a challenge.

...didn't anyone give up their seat for you. What a bunch of T@*&ers!!! :twisted:

I don't think there is a place that I haven't lol!

Walking around tescos and boots, restaurants, the bus, on the plane, the doctors surgery, the bank, on rides and in the queues at Disney World (that was Ella, she'd dive for my boob anytime she was unsure!).

I loved breastfeeding in public, it was really easy! And if anyone had approached me I'd loved to have given them a piece of my mind! Noone ever did though :)

heles7 said:

i've had no looks at all from anyone :)

you could go to giraffe/pizza express/strada for your first dinner out? they've signed up to a child and bf-friendly initiative, along with quite a few other places so you know that at least the staff should be on your side :) :) :hug:

for us...while he was having his hearing test (it was the only way to keep him still), in the car, walking around asda, in a park, walking through town, the school playground, at breastfeeding support group, at a BBQ at the inlaws (FIL gets really embarrassed which makes me feel nervous).
I find the sound of logie crying for food is more distressing than the embarrassment of flashing a bit of boob :D

-Kelly- said:

feeding standing up is rather difficult... but I usually end up doing it in the Supermarket at some point as lil miss can only go about 2 hours without boob...It actually works better because she will instantly drop off after the feed because walking/carrying sends her to sleep as does bfing... the power of both combined (+10) is impossible for her noobish powers to withstand... :rotfl:

but I've fed everywhere.... restaurants, parks, doctors surgeries, hospitals, trains, cars, boats, zoos, museums, churches, fireworks displays, theme parks, shopping centres, cafes, toilets... I've fed standing up, sitting on the floor, perched on a window sill, on stools, plastic chairs...anywhere my two heffalumps have demanded... one person asked me if I was a hippy vegan once because I was so open and natural about my feeding.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Planes, trains, cars, walking down the street, trams, supermarkets, cafes and restaurants. Drs office, buses, the park, airports, while hiking up normfa, the British Embassy. You get the picture lol.

iv BF in asda carpark, sainsbury's cafe, peacocks changing rooms, the trafford centre baby room, our doctors surgery, friends and relatives houses, a pub (it was quiet early evening mid-week in outskirts of greater manchester so almost empty anyway lol), the church at my boyf's stepmom's wedding, a courtyard of an old manor house at the reception of the same wedding, if i think of any more places ill come back and edit. i always preferred NOT to BF in public but hey, if ur baby's hungry, baby's gotta eat! :lol:

Loads of places. In the middle of a M&S cafe the other day because he was screaming his head off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back