Where do you put your newborn?

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Strange question but what does everyone do with their newborn baby while they do stuff during the day? We seem to be passing Ross back and forth between myself and OH when we need to do anything but he is going back to work on Monday and I can't cuddle Ross all day!
I have a close carrier so I'm hoping that will help. He's sleeping in his carrycot but I'm trying to get OH to move his big cot into our room so the carrycot can come downstairs. We also have a bouncy chair but it's a bit too upright for a newborn and I don't want him sitting in his carseat for any length of time for his back. I just wondered what everyone else does?

I seem to remember Rosie laying in her basket most of the time if I were busy with other things, most of the time she was asleep anyway but of course had cuddles etc.

Its nice to see you back MM! :hug:

no advice but awesome question! look forward to see answers! x

Thanks RM!! We have the silvercross sleepover so Ross has been sleeping in the pram part as it turns into a moses type thing on a rocking stand. It's a bit too cumbersome to carry up and down the stairs every day though, will definately get OH to swap the big cot into our room so the pram can be down here. Hopefully we can swap it for a playpen/travel cot when he's big enough.
Ross just loves cuddles, and so do I :) but we can't cuddle all day every day!

with the first i used moses basket, with the 2nd i used the pram

Thanks RM!! We have the silvercross sleepover so Ross has been sleeping in the pram part as it turns into a moses type thing on a rocking stand. It's a bit too cumbersome to carry up and down the stairs every day though, will definately get OH to swap the big cot into our room so the pram can be down here. Hopefully we can swap it for a playpen/travel cot when he's big enough.
Ross just loves cuddles, and so do I :) but we can't cuddle all day every day!

You sound so proud Gemma :cloud9:

we used the moses basket at first then when he was more awake during the day put him in a baby bouncer so he could watch what everyone was doing. we could put the baby bouncer to lie down so he wasnt sitting too upright. and now he sits in his bouncer fairly upright and hes usually entertained watching us getting on with chores, etc! x

Hey hon, we used a moses basket too for the first few weeks and then he loved to lie on my breastfeeding pillow (kind of tucked into the loop of it) placed on the sofa or on a play gym xxx

sometimes use the pushchair an lay him down flat at the top if the dog in the house n in bouncer to if hes alert n noseing bout n dog out ill put him in that or lay him on changin mat :) x

i just used the moses basket when she came back from the hospital she didnt like the bouncer i use to be able to get work done well tidying and stuff now that shes over 7 months i cant get a thing done coz she keeps shouting mama and crys all the tym she can hold her bottle herself so while im trying to tidy shes either in her cot or in her walker which she doesnt seem to like anymore so im find it hard to keep her happy while tidying she wants to stand up in her cot now so im a bit frightened of her hurting her help, what do you do when the at the stage when there moving about and trying to stand up im getting myself stressed out lol but yeah i use to put amy in a moses basket or a baby slumber swing sorry to divert it aswell

With #1 I used the pram then thr bouncer, with #2 I ended up buying a Moses cos I was worried about the dog and didn't want the dirty pram wheels in mums house! I've just got rid of the bouncer now, was a sad moment lol

i was thinking that when I need to do something and cant look at him all the time like doin the washing up or cooking or something i was gonna lay him in his pram as it will have a cat net. But if i can keep an close eye on him i will have him in bouncer or on babygym.. But i guess its easy to plan before he is accually here :D then reallity kicks in and who knows what i will do. :D

I brought a cosy play nest thing and she lies on that and looks around of sleeps :) its really cute too xxx

yeah I use the pram section part from our travel system as it lies flat and is safe and secure when hes downstairs...or if I'm in the same room as him I also lie him down on a soft play-gym thing with a small blanket tucked over him... all he does is sleep a lot at the moment and he's a bit too small to be put in a bouncer...xx

If oscar is asleep then I put him in his pushchaie that has a carrycot part or leave him in his car chair if we've just got in. He's a right whinger so I pop him in a sling when I'm on the go.

Also our 8 year old can settle him like nobody else , so she comes in handy!!

Thanks ladies! We ended up moving his cotbed into our room so we could move the carrycot back downstairs, with the close carrier sling when I'm up and about for any length of time, and it seems to be working for now. I find it so difficult to leave him down anywhere knowing the dog is roaming about even though she has been amazing with him, I wouldn't like to chance it. He'll definately be in a bouncy chair or something later on when he is a bit bigger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back