wot time to you put your LO to bed

maria1976

Reaction score
Advice needed please :) Im trying to get ruby into a routine she is nearly 6 weeks , so I bath her at 7.30 then feed and then carrycot....................but!!! she grizzles and moans and doesnt sleep until I go to bed at 10.30 and then she is in with me.

Is it too early for a routine yet?? she refuses to go in the cot or carrycot to sleep but will sleep a dream in my bed (hubby in sofa lol) The thing is I cant exactly go to bed at 8pm so unsure what to do.

willow goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 if we try to keep her up longe she just moans willow has been in a rountine since she was about 6 weeks old, so i on think it is to early.

Nathans goes up between 7 and 8 but at that age he wouldn't go up till around 11. We have always tried to get him in some sort of routine but in the early days we just take them to bed with us and then gradually bring their bed time earlier and earlier so when they are about 4, 5 months they go up about 7.30ish.

We started to put Grace in a routine at 6 weeks........ started off by putting her to bed at 7 pm but she was so tired by then that evenutally we moved it to 6.30 pm and it seems to suit her really well.

Best bit is that Dh and I get the whole evening to ourselves :dance: :dance:

Alexander goes down between 7 - 7.30, at that age he went down about 10 ish though, i think the more they start doing during the day wears them out and they get really tired of an evening.

We never tried to establish a routine with our baby, and I felt a bit embarrassed initially because I was reading here everyone elese had routines for their babies, and I hadn't bothered. I was just putting her in bed when I went to bed. Then at about 8 weeks old she started getting grumpy evry night at about 7.30pm and I started putting her to bed then. Now we start 'bedtime' at 7pm, she has a bath when daddy walks in the door from work, he tells her a story, dresses her for bed, I feed her, and then she goes into her cot with her music and light box set for 15 minutes. She is usually asleep by the time the music stops.

She found this time all for herself, and we just went along with it, so don't worry about not having a routine yet unless you really want one. A routine will emerge if you let it!

we put jayla into a routine when she was 7 weeks. she goes to sleep at 11pm and wakes betwen 8-10am ( varys every day)

i didnt start millie's bedtime routine til she was 3 months- and that was coz she "told us" she was ready for one (by crying incessantly in the evenings)

trixipaws said:
i didnt start millie's bedtime routine til she was 3 months- and that was coz she "told us" she was ready for one (by crying incessantly in the evenings)

Thats exactly what we done, Im not sure what age Harrison was but we waited for him to tell us.

We started a routine from the firt day of having her home from hospital...we started it 6.30pm with bath, then bottle in a dark nursery and into her cot in nursery...she slept through from 7 week old and we never looked back. We have gradually stretched her bed time to 7.15pm and she get so grumpy now if he isnt on her way to bed by then!!

She loves her nursery and is so settled in there, and LOVES her nightly bath!!

Good luck, its defo worth trying to establish a routine!!

P.S I tried routine for feeding and daytime naps but it didnt work-I got too stressed so I let her find her own ways...now she naps 2 hours in morning, an hour or two in afternoon and still goes down a treat at 7.30pm :angel:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back