Where do they play?

Yvonne

Reaction score
Just a quick one to ask where your toddlers/baby's play.

All my kids toys are in the dining room but people say it looks untidy and it should be used as a dining area to eat.
Fair enough i don't have a dinig set but i would rather have somewhere safe for my children to play where i can see them.
Amy isn't old enough to play upstairs as she would be up and down them all the time and obviously Jack isn't.

Having the toys there is easily accessed by both Jack and Amy and i know they are safe where they are. Yes it looks cluttered and chaotic but my children like it.

Where do you have your childrens toys?

100_1303.jpg

same as you hun I have Ella's toys, the computer and the dining table all in the dining room. Its where I usually am in the day to watch her and her room is too small to have all her toys in it. Ill take pics now

Some of Braydons smaller toys are in the lounge its a big lounge so he has a lil bit of Braydon area lol

the others and the big ones are upstairs, are house is like an L shape and mine and Bs room is on one side mum, dads and amandas the other so there is a stair gate up sepeatering the areas and our bit is all baby friendly :D

Lydia's toys are in the living room and this spare bedroom/computer room.

Our living room looks like a bomb has hit it lol.

Aimees toys have taken over the living room. I don't mind as long as they get put away when she goes bed.

my kids have some toys in the living room and some in there bedroom!!!

i have that carpet by the way lol!!!

i have a big cuboard under the stairs where all the toys are kept. in the day Dior opens it and gets every thing out and i get Harleys mats out ect. all day my house looks like a nursery then when i bath them at night kris puts al the toys away and gets the house all ready so we can then chill.

im a neat freak but in the day i let them trash my house.

in my old house i did hae seperate dinning room and it was full of toys too :D

ild prefer a happy fun house then a posh show off house :D

All over my living room floor, I love having the toys everywhere :D
Tidy them into the corner behind the sofa at night though. But the big playmat of the alpahbet stays out permanently to save my carpet from Damien's upchuck :lol:

hun i thought it looked really neat considering what you use it for! :D

we are in a bungalow so all the toys are in Alex's room as its just as easy to get them form there as anywhere alse! because we are all on one level he tends to be a free range baby and roams from one room to the next so in the day the whole house is covered!

if you dont have a dining table in there hun i think its lovely to use it as playroom - think i would do the same if we had a seperate dining room - love the idea of a playroom.

i would ignore whoever says it looks untidy - who wants to make kids be tidy at that age (within reason ofcourse!) - they will have years of it when they get older so let them have some mess while they can. and as i said it looks pretty tidy in your pic!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sami said:
All over my living room floor, I love having the toys everywhere :D
Tidy them into the corner behind the sofa at night though. But the big playmat of the alpahbet stays out permanently to save my carpet from Damien's upchuck :lol:

I have the alphabet playmat out in my dining room all the time, I lvoe it, £4 from a charity shop,bargin

Em78 said:
hun i thought it looked really neat considering what you use it for! :D

Only cos it had been tidied up!!

It is litterly like a bomb has hit my house in the day, i don't tidy it (not even for visitors) in the day but as soon as the kids go to bed it all gets put away.

Mason toys are kept in the dining room, which has an arch to the lounge, so we have a gate to stop Brody getting to them. Brody's toys are kept in the lounge.

Seren's nursery is small so we can't keep any of her toys in their so they are all kept downstairs. The best £30 I ever spent was on a wicker chest. Once she is in bed, 5 minutes and voila no toys.

Before (scuse the washing and the general mess and the retro fireplace)
IMGP1551.jpg

After (complete with cat and trashy tv programme)
IMGP1555.jpg

Ignore beanie, she's just showing off her new sofa ;)

lol no I had just finised feeding her I took her out after Id took the photo's. OMG it looks like I have her strapped in the highchair all day whilst Im on the internet :oops: i dont i promine, she would go mad too!

AWWW \ i was gonna say how lucky u were lol
B dont stay still for 5 mins lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back