When your baby kicks..

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
Is it really noticable, for example if i felt a kick at 18/19 weeks would it still be a strong one?

i'm 17weeks tomorrow, been feeling lil bubbles, thats about it, still not sure if wind or bubs hehe..

just wondered how soon after movement you felt kick? And did you know it was def a kick? xx

They are really light and like bubbles at first, but trust me, when you get a kick you will know exactly what it is! I started getting proper kicks at 22 or so weeks and by the end LO would kick me so hard he would totally wind me or bruise my ribcage!

thanks for your reply chick,

I'm awaiting a kick from bubs, i know its still really early, but midwife said "havent you felt kicks yet?" i was like no only 16weeks 4days (other day) she kinda just sighed. shes crap!! lol

xxx

:think: I think she was being a little misleading as alot of people dont feel any movement until about 25 weeks. The fact that you feel bubbles already probably means your baby will be quite active during your pregnancy so I have no doubt that the real kicks will come very soon!

My midwife is crap, that was the first time i'd seen her in nearly 17weeks, and i'd rang her loads. She didnt seem to know what she was doing, when listening on Dopler etc..

Hoping to feel that kick soon hehe.

Thanks for your replys chick xx

Hey hun! Mine was like bubbles for a LOOONG time before the proper movements started. Sometimes people suddenly start feeling humungous kicks, others (like me) they grow stronger gradually.

I'm sure what you're feeling are movements and not just wind :hug: I reckon by about 20 weeks you'll start feeling more movement and it'll just keep getting stronger!

Everyone is different though :hug: xxx

Hiya hun, i had little random movements from around 18 weeks that i can say were noticeable although little and often, my midwife said that by 22 weeks i would probably notice some kicks and she was right, for the last couple of weeks, i have actually jumped when she has kicked me as she she takes me by surprise! I still get the little twitches as well, so you will get a bit of everything!

You will know about it though whe he/she first kicks you it will make you jump!

:hug: :hug:

Baby gave a mahhhoooosssiiivvvee kick last night. Still feel the twitches very regulary. Baby has now started to kick when I prod my tummy.
I've felt this for the last week or so!!!!

Bubbles a bit like wind or muscle spazams in the early days and from about 17-18 weeks proper movement and kicks.

My LO has patterns of awakeness but goes mad when Im in the shower (tries to push right out to the side as if she is enjoying the heat of the water) and even worse when I have the lap top near my bump tries to sort of kick directly at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back